1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LHS charity evening - Nantwich

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Apr 14, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

For those in the local area, just a mention that there is to be a musical evening at The Dusty Miller, Cholmondely Road, Wrenbury, Nantwich, Cheshire, on May 16. Proceeds going to the Love Hope Strength Foundation.

Taking part will be the very entertaining Darren Poyzer, who has opened for Nick on several occasions, and is a good friend of mine and puts on a very enjoyable show. Other artists to be confirmed.

The night will consist of some jazz, bluegrass, Formby(esque) comedy and Harper(esque) music. "Will be a night to remember!" - says the organiser Roydan Styles , who some may remember from being Roy's part-time support act some years back, and who will also be playing a few songs - and may well do one or two Harper (Roy) covers.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  2. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

Hi Linn

Is there a poster that I can put on the charity website please?

Thanks me dear

Love Kxx

3. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

ooo will the bluegrass be The Boat Band or Bakers Fabulous Boys ?

4. HarperPR

Have asked for you, K.

5. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

thanks me dear will stick it up on the site xxxx

6. LAdrain

LAdrain I've got a zappy little nappy

Thanks for this, I might have been in The Bhurtpore Inn that night (it's about half a mile from the Dusty Miller).

I will look to change my watering hole as this looks like a good night.

7. HarperPR

K, have just heard that once they have got a couple more artist confirmations they can go with the poster. That should be within the week. Will put you in touch.

8. HarperPR

Don't know, but see above post which may answer your question, either with a yes or no!

9. Roydan

Roydan Computer stained fingers

Shake the Roots

Hiya,

The band is Shake the Roots which is headed up by Loraine Baker of Bakers Fabulous Boys.

I pretty much have confirmation of everyone who will be playing along with my bad self, Leyla Senai, Lisa Marie Glover, Darren Poyzer and Shake the Roots. The event will be compared by my Dad and his Uke :biggrin:

I'm hoping that I've struck a nice balance of top artists, mixed with humour and frolics for what I believe is a fantastic cause. I'm really looking forward to designing the poster because I haven't done one in years. If anyone wishes to have a poster please email me, I'm going to make it tomorrow.

All the artists have corresponding My Space sites so fill your boots. If any Harper Cadets are going down and wish me to play any Roy stuff please email your requests so I can practice (I can't play Che or Blackpool ha ha).

Thanks to Linn and Darren Poyzer for all their support.

10. HarperPR

You're welcome. And you've got my friend Leyla there - cool beans! The boys will love her.:wink:

11. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Maybe I should come to this - although I fink it's the day after Joe Satrinani so maybe I'll be too shattered to make it! I discovered on the last Nick tour that even with my best efforts, several gigs in a row make Critch go crazy...

12. HarperPR

I'm sure Ley would welcome a few familiar faces and support! And you could see Darren too. Who knows, he could well be up for a bit of sailing club gigging.:wink:

13. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Look forward to the Indian style One For All Roydan and maybe legend! :m8:

14. HarperPR

Are you going, Shaun? PLEASE give Leyla a big hand and say hi. Listen to her on MySpace as well.

15. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Yeah I'm going, I will do, should I send a kiss for you this time? :biggrin: I'm also going with a couple of mates to see Darren this thursday at St.Helens. Thanks for that Linn Darren's sorted a couple of guest tickets out for me.
    I'll check out her Myspace too! Looking forward to it.. :m9:

16. HarperPR

Cool! Just give D a manly hug, seeing that you backed out of the last 'kiss'. :D Although as you seem to be mates now...

17. HarperPR

Darren P

He's at Citadel again on May 11 with John Cooper Clarke. That's for Critch.:)

18. Roydan

You know how to set a challenge, not done One For All in years, let alone played it to an audience. Same goes for Legend. Really looking forward to it. Thanks Shaun.

I'll happily pass on a kiss to Leyla, ha ha, it's a hard job but I'm man enough. :biggrin: She's a mesmorising Singer\Songwriter.

Did I mention the free food? Top chef (Mark Sumner), gourmet hotpot. Dig in.

Cheers ... Roydan

19. HarperPR

Sounds like a fab night! Hope Mark's providing a veggie option.:D

Would have loved to come, but will be in Brighton town with Tom Baxter.

Where did you see Ley, Roy? I am sure she'll read your kiss offer here!:)

20. Roydan

We did two gigs together last year for Cancer Research, one at a running track lol while people walked around and another at a venue in Chorlton, Manchester. We also have a mutual friend who's involved with CR and that's how we got together.

Sadly I was right out the back at one of the gigs and I couldn't get a full feel for what was going on, she certainly turned the audience over though. Seemed a natural thing to get her on board because of the Harper connection.

It's all very exciting and worth while. I'm not expecting to make a stunning amount of cash, but it will help raise awareness with the donation being an added bonus.