1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LHS charity evening - Nantwich

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Apr 14, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Any joy with a poster for it yet?

2. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Poster..

Could I have one of them to put up on my myspace page and also on the Harper groups?

Regards Shaun.

3. Roydan

Roydan Computer stained fingers

I've just got one more confirmation I'm waiting on then the poster will be sent out. I've made a note of the PMs and posts.

All being well, tomorrow.

Yeh, there better had be a veggie option. :conehead: There was last time, like a spicy veg with crusty bread. It was spot on, but not ideal camping food in the morning.

Incidentally, there is caravan\camp site opposite the venue. I'll be staying over so I'm hoping for good weather along with a stroll along the canal.

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Roydan, please let me know too so I can link to a poster from the Myspace site, thanks :)

5. HarperPR

It's really mainly for Katrina, as it's a LHS thing. You know how some people don't read the small print, so it needs to be clear that Nick himself is not playing if it's going on sites associated with him!:D

6. Roydan

I hope that they're reading the small print on all the other associated sites I'm posting on ha ha, or they'll be about 3,500 turning up. They're again if they turn up to see Frank Zappa they'll need their heads feeling. All confirmations are in now so all being well I'll have it done by tomorrow evening. My first attempt failed miserably.

7. SHAUN I

You never know..some people will believe anything! :conehead:

("When she's on her knees
    The point is so high
    I keep sayin' please
    Keep it out of my eye, she's a
    Conehead" FZ)
    :conehead:

8. HarperPR

3,500 - ? I think that's being a tad over-hopeful!;):blink:

9. Roydan

Let's just hope people have the sense to read the small print then or I'll be in big trouble with the Chesire Constabulary, not to mention all the disgruntled Kevin Ayres, Wizards of Twiddly, Zappa, Waterson-Carthy and Nick Harper fans e.t.c. :bored:

There again .... the hotpot might settle them down a bit.

Right hopefully, I've managed to get all the email addresses correct and they'll be a flyer winging it's way to your inbox. If for some reason it doesn't arrive, please drop me an email at roydan.styles@hotmail.co.uk and I'll send one to you straight away.

Many thanks.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  10. Cruz

Cruz I've got a zappy little nappy

Ooh, kisses?! For me? :blushing:

I'm definitely looking to forward to playing this gig - thanks again for asking me Roydan!

Be good to see my fellow harperidians there - not seen you for aaages Critch so come say yo and sleep off the party on saturday!! :biggrin:

11. HarperPR

Do you know Darren, Cruz? He'll be up for a smacker too!:biggrin:

12. HarperPR

Although Nick won't be here at the Dusty Miller in person (being otherwise engaged with some of our Spanish friends) for this, he will be in spirit via a *small contribution* which you'll hear on the night. :wink:

And Roydan, I did mean dusty and not dirty!:biggrin: That was me, not Nick!

13. Roydan

It'll be dirty after we've finished with it. It's a seriously nice village though and well worth the trip if people are coming over.

14. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Thanks for the flyer, Roydan! I will get it up on the site ASAP...

15. SHAUN I

I haven't had a flyer yet Roydan..

Cheers Shaun

16. HarperPR

Good luck to Cruz and Roydan and all the others taking part tomorrow. Hope it rakes in oodles of dosh for LHS.

Have a great evening all those going.

And watch out for the Harpic input.:wink:

17. Roydan

Shaun, sadly I'm going to need the words for Legend taped to the mic stand he he. I'll defo be taking a few salt soda's tomorrow and everyone who is coming down is very excited. As it's for LHS any kisses I have to pass on to Leyla will be charged accordingly.

:wink:

18. HarperPR

How went the evening, folks. Were kisses and a good time had by all?:D

19. SHAUN I

A good night was had by all, but didn't realise it was a 140 mile round trip out in the outback :biggrin: enjoyed Roydans Harper tunes (especially One For All) and also Darren and Roydans fill in waiting for the banjo player..a low key venue but a good chance to talk to people, some hugs at the end but no kisses this time lol :cheers2:

Shaun

20. Roydan

Thanks to everybody who made the trip. It was a top night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We raised a whopping £200.32 which is double what I thought, plus raised loads of awareness for LHS.

I'm going to do a blog with individual thanks, pictures and vids. Many people really pulled together to make it such a wonderful evening.

Thanks again. :wink: