1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lunatic

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by madness, Apr 12, 2008.

1. madness

madness I've got a zappy little nappy

Hi Guys, Just thought i better say hello. I have been mad about Roy since 1966 and eventually became obsessed with him in the 80's.
    I think he may be the messiah himself. He has touched so many people with his poetry and thoughts. I have been crazy and gone slighly mad but i have seen this man in so many different modes it;s hard to keep calm sometimes. I really wish and hope that Roy will be back to enchant us all again.
    My real name is Mandy and i am the crazy bird that sang Happy Birthday at the Roy Festival Hall.
    I have already been reprimanded by a fellow fan on here so if there are any more of you that i did offend that night then i appologise.
    So nice to know that this Site is here. Bye for now M xx

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Welcome to the lunar-tic fringe!

From a real loony on the travelling circus one man rock and roll band bus!

andi :m9:

3. Mia

Mia I've got a zappy little nappy

*waves to Mandy*. I dont know too much about Roy but it sounds like you've been a fan most of his career! How did you sing him happy birthday then, did you stand up at the gig and just do it or after? He must have been touched that you did.

4. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious I've got a zappy little nappy

Hey Mandy!!

What's so wrong about singing "Happy Birthday" on Roy's Birthday!! I once shouted out "Are you gonna show us your arse again Roy?" - He laughed!!! What's the problem here??

5. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

Oh, my. Get the Royal Fest CD's and let's have this conversation again...:tongue_smilie:

6. aspwatterson

Rah

Did you sing it like Marilyn Monroe's 'Happy Birthday Mr.President' to John Kennedy?

chrs
    andi:m23::9:

7. madness

madness I've got a zappy little nappy

Happy Birthday

No i didn't sing it like marilyn monroe , i just started singing at the back and then everyone joined in. It was great fun. Someone on here thought i had gone ott and disturbed his music. Ho Hum .
    Not sure that Roy was happy or embarressed. Anyway it was sung with love.
    And yes been a Roy Fan from almost the begining, I still think he is the best but have also a lot of respect for leonard cohen who i also think is an excellent writer of words Anyone got a spare ticket to the o2 gig ??

8. aspwatterson

What?

What's happened to Madness these days?

OTT/ Non-PC?

Let your hair down and all hang out I say!

andi who needs no encouraging

9. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I was wondering that? :confused1:

10. aspwatterson

Definitions of madness please?

Apart from counting the hairs on the back of your hand and arguing with yourself and losing the argument I was wondering if anyone has their definition of madness, humorous, medically or otherwise?

"Madness is just a form of mental sanity compared objectively;viewed subjectively" perchance? In other words it depends on the observer / observee relationship being defined sane/mad as measurable templates which is impossible in the first place!

andi - I know I've been mad for years! I'm not frightened of dying!It's nice to be a lunatic! Fantastik!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009