1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man In The Moon

Discussion in 'General' started by The Monster, Nov 21, 2007.

1. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

Loved this song when Roy played it on last tour; am I right in thinking that it has never been committed to disc in any form?

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

one of my favourite....

Absolutely spliffingly honest song about basically all his relationships and how we are all 'men in the moon' when it comes to us coping with love/death/ romance / problematic times etc.; the whole caboodle in fact; and we sorta hide ourselves 'in the moon' to remind us of our childhood memories in times of stress [or use extraneous inputs] to cope with serious things even like dying and people or pets dying around us.

The way he sings it [especially Live] also sounds so caring that you almost feel like giving him a Hippie Hug and say thank you Roy for your empatheticity [sp?] in this short space of time of our present lives. Thank you Roy , you have taken me thru' so many hard times... from a hard place sometimes to new horizons of wonder whilst we exist [from my (work) of heart] seriously.

now shut up andrew
    aw

3. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

Agree entirely, but still looking for an answer....! Is there a clue in 'especially live', I wonder?

'Caring' is a neat description, I would offer 'humble/humility'

4. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

It's not on any of my records, which hopefully means it's not been released yet :)

5. aspwatterson

Have only heard it live a few times, so sorry if I confused you, but immediately it impacted on me as one of his Classics, on a par with Hallucinating Light, Another Day, Stormcock etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

The funny thing when he was singing it at Clon he smiles as he sings it, almost whimsically, or was that Pan? Well sound and beautiful.. almost makes me cry... now don't you start!! I don't do emotions anymore!

andisean

6. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

The Man In The Moon

For those who haven't heard it here's a live version from Tokyo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un_2WzQI1Gk&fmt=18

Hopefully it maybe released on a new album this year! :m8:

Shaun

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
  7. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hey, hat's off to Shaun, where did you get a hold of that! :wink:

8. SHAUN I

It was courtesy of a good friend of mine, I just put it to some footage on Windows Movie Maker. Glad you enjoyed it Steve..

9. aspwatterson

Currently...

Doing the rounds currently on the Vine..

rgds
    andi

10. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Ah, thanks... I don't think I'm on that (any more).

11. SHAUN I

I didn't really want to mention on here about vines, I did vine it a while ago. PM me Steve and I will give you details :wink:

This is for the Roy fans who may not have heard Pan..
    Regards Shaun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_qPRQtT0kU

12. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

A rare treat!

There is always a new song, a new version to be found.

Art never dies, even when it gathers dust, hidden from the light of day or the victim of ignorance...