1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manchester Academy

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Jan 24, 2008.

1. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I don't think he's going. He's been incontactable since he met his new girl!

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Critch, can you bring what flyers/posters you have left and maybe Leyla/Simon can take some on.

3. critch

Will bring some! With going to Sheff, I ended up really busy on Friday so I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. :( I know, I was rubbish! But I had loads of extra stuff to do!

4. critch

Trains are rubbish aren't they? Last train back from Manchester is 10.20 so I'd miss half the gig - plus the buses stop running so I'd have to pay 5 quid to get a taxi back from the station! I think I'll end up driving - it's always the easiest way. Clarkson is dead right about that - until there is a way as quick and easy as the car, no one is going to stop using them.

5. HarperPR

Simon - did you read the PM? I need to know whether you are going, like NOW!!!!:biggrin:

6. HarperPR

I want a sterling effort here tonight with reviews and pics! Critch - in the front row with Simon please. And I'd like the results on my desk by late Monday!

Dig on down! Wonder if Nick liked how I named his tour - ha!

7. SimonF

SimonF I've got a zappy little nappy

She don't mess about, does she Critch?
    Anyone would think we're on her payroll :w00t:

Love you really MsPR! But I see from further up the fred that there's a bit of a queue.

For the purpose of identification, I'll be the one NOT carrying the Sunday Sport.

8. critch

Why? Are you not? :D

You're right. It just wouldn't look right with that zappy little nappy you've got on.

Welcome aboard and nice to hear from you again R2!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  9. HarperPR

You are both on my payroll! But as you two know, I do 'pay' with little treats. I never expect anyone who puts in effort for Nick and me to the extent that some here have, to do so without acknowledgement.

10. critch

Well wow! I was seriously bowled over with this one! I was at the stage with R2 taking photos. I took a fair few actually. Maybe 300? Something like that anyway. I'll post them up to flickr soon and put up the link.

Anyways yes. I can't quite put my finger on why this one was so much better- similar set list, similar links. The atmosphere was electric and somewhat quieter than the normal noisey crowd we've come to expect from this venue.

We had a string break in No truth which was unexpected, even to nick, but quickly changed!

Another technical issue with the laptop caused the pa to go off (at exactly the same time as you hung up, mspr! I'm sure it was a coincidence but i was a little worried!) but of course nick makes the best of any given situation and the acoustic version of imaginary friend was fantastic. It just goes to show that he doesn't need all this electronic gadgetry to perform.

Love is music was dusted with snippets of blur and jeff and a presume 4 sticks though i don't know the song. Perhaps chris will enlighten us after his drive home.

At the shout of a "nutter" we also got a quick spice girls excerpt! In nick's words: there's been a girl power cut!

I absolutely loved it. By far the best for sometime. Possibly ever... For me, he's back at peak form.

11. Craig_Powers

Craig_Powers I've got a zappy little nappy

Critch, so you went after all...

Critch,

I saw someone taking pics to the left of the stage so I assume that was you? Were you in the Oxford Road before the gig too?

I took two newbies to see Nick and there were blown away by it all.

Nick seemed to be having hassles with the effects stuff all through the evening. He was looking down at it lot of times throughout the gig. But the way he just copes with technical hitches and string breaks etc just adds to his incredibly skill.

Looking forward to St.H next week.

Craig

12. critch

I think that was simon aka r2d2. I was over the other side taking photos.
    Great gig wasn't it?

13. Craig_Powers

Craig_Powers I've got a zappy little nappy

Manchester, set list (?)

Yes a great gig.

Quite a bit of noise from audience on my left....a pain in the arse.

The two newbies that I took were really impressed. Both will go and watch him again. And sufficiently impressed to buy CDs on the way out.

I'll keep spreading the gospel.

Craig

ps can you recall the set list

not in order....

No Truth up in the Mountains
    Real Life
    Guitar Man, Zep combo
    Aeroplane
    Field of Cloth of Gold
    Galaxy Song
    Simple ~ superb
    Evo
    Imaginary Friend ~ unplanned unplugged
    By my Rocket
    Treasure Island
    Three magpies ??????
    Love is Music ~ another 25 minutes of madness
    encore...
    Blue Sky Thinking

14. critch

3 magpies was 2nd but other than that, i think you were about right. Debbie has it all written down though.

15. HarperPR

And no T&B, yet again!!!:D:thumbup:

16. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I love your new title, Ms Pr.. :rofl:

17. critch

There were a few shouts for pickle! Though he didn't play it, he very nearly did!

18. HarperPR

Where's me reviews and pics then?!

19. critch

Give me a bloody chance! Lol. Been postering all day! Well this afternoon anyway!

I'm gonna upload all the photos to flickr which might take a while. I'll pick out the best and email smaller versions. If you like one and want immediately i'll send the full quality. The lot will be available for viewing hopefully late this evening. I'll get to the review later too? Should be done by 8 ish?

20. SimonF

SimonF I've got a zappy little nappy

'Treats' eh? You mean like a squeaky rubber toy in the shape of Postman Pat, and the odd half-bag of Bonio? :)