1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manchester gig : 2 free tickets ?!?

Discussion in 'General' started by bigchris, Mar 2, 2010.

1. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hi,

I was supposed to be going up north on Thursday to see see Nick in Manchester and various other gigs, but I've just been given some heavy duty drugs by my doctor that cause drausiness ( so a 500 mile drive isn't advised ) and more importantly, I'm to avoid alcohol ... so a 500 mile drive and not involving beer is just ain't gonna happen for me !!

So I have two tickets for Nick's gig in Manchester going spare ... anyone can have them for nowt, but I need to get them in the post a.s.a.p. !!!?

Cheers,

Chris.

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Oh, Chris that is a shame. You didn't fancy train-ing it? Or no one could drive? Hope you are soon to rights.

3. HarperPR

Forgot to add that post is ****! I just got something today from Brum sent 1st that was mailed LAST WEDNESDAY! So if sending by mail, Chris, I would special delivery them, just in case, unless there is no other way to get to recipient.

4. bigchris

It wasn't really the getting there that was the problem ... it was what NOT to do when I got there ( ie drink ). On Friday I was supposed to be seeing a mates band in Barnsley ... the last time I went out with those guys, I had 24 pints in one session ... didn't want to try and do that while taking drugs that clearly state to avoid alcohol !!

Well I didn't send them up using anything other than first class ... if they don't get there in time, then I won't get any money for them ... but that's what I expected when I sent the first message out ... if they do get there in time, then I may end up with some money ... which will just be a bonus !!

Biggest regret, is that I was looking forward to picking up the new CD in Manchester ... now I'll have to wait until the Union Chapel gig ... unless I make an un-scheduled stop elsewhere ... like Hertford ... so far I've managed to avoid those cracking roadworks on the M25 !!

5. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Be very wary of Hertford. There are some right funny people here^h^h^h^h there.

6. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

That's a bit of a blow mate, I'll see you at Southbank next then Chris, if you want me to pick you up a copy of Nick's CD on Thursday let me know.

7. HarperPR

Not The Harringtons, by any chance? That's MY mate's band in BARNSLEY!:biggrin:

8. bigchris

Nope it's the rear half of the now disbanded infamous Pink Mambas ... a band called 4Play !!

9. bigchris

Shaun - I've sent you a PM, but just in case you don't see it .... YES PLEASE to getting me a copy of the CD from Manchester !!

10. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

No worries mate, will be getting one myself anyway, if I get chance I'll get him to sign it for you.

11. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

Hell's teeth, Chris, 24 pints?

William Hague, eat your heart out; I'm in toytown after 6....