1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mark Chadwick (Levellers)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Aug 3, 2010.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Moving this over from the other (un-related) thread.

Tracks here from the album. Six. But only snippets it seems.

http://www.myspace.com/markchadwickofficial

The two that I was previously saying I love are on here: Inevitable and The Great And The Good. The former is on constant replay (full version:wink:) and sends a shiver down the spine (well, mine it does!). Think, lyrically, he has been very open and forthcoming on here (not usual for a Cancerian).

Interested to hear what others think of the tracks (produced by Seth's brother, Sean Lakeman).

And there's a solo tour:

Oct 6 2010
    Phoenix Exeter
    Oct 7
    Bush Hall London
    Oct 8 2010
    The Brook Southampton
    Oct 9 2010 19:00
    The Globe Cardiff
    Oct 10
    Waterfront Norwich, Norfolk
    Oct 12
    Glee Club Birmingham
    Oct 13
    Concorde 2 Brighton
    Oct 14
    Colston Hall Bristol
    Oct 15
    Academy Manchester
    Oct 16
    Rescue Rooms Nottingham

2. HarperPR

This song is a real stunner. Kathryn Roberts harmonies on album version are heaven plus.

Mark Chadwick - The Great and the Dead http://t.co/uJ5QFR5

3. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Mark does Roy

not sure if these have been posted up before :

[youtube]_1aW4_CKyc8[/youtube]

[youtube]vDVjzQpq2yw[/youtube]

4. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

I found that top version myself the other day Chris and I think I quite like it, but I do like Mr Chadwick. I think Im quite liking his new album too.

5. HarperPR

He has had some quite good reviews. Not sure if all the Levellers fans are getting with it though! Looking forward to the live shows. Hope he manages to pull in Mrs (Sean) Lakeman, Kathryn Roberts, for vocals.

6. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Levellers YT

Courtesy of FB friends...

[youtube]XScq7NLRnYU[/youtube]

andi

7. HarperPR

Is that from Exeter last night above? Doesn't come up on phone! Am at Bush Hall now. Dying of flu lurgy, but still. Had to hear Great and the Good and Galahad. Not many here...

8. HarperPR

Dan Donnelly looking very sharp suited here. And I cannot believe this audience have talked all the way through The Great and the Dead!

9. HarperPR

Lovely set. Ruined as above for probably my favourite song (rant coming on Mark's FB!), which he sang solo. Had it not been for the fact that it would have disturbed him, I would have shouted out for all the ****ers to shut up.

Aside from 11 album tracks there was my other bestest song he wrote, Galahad. And, my other fave Levs song Confess. Rapture.

10. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

Here is the clip from Exeter Linn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuJUu4-PjCA(sorry I dont know how to put the little window on here) I cant wait for Manchester now that I know that the bass player is Seth Lakemans, he is brilliant :biggrin: and Dan Donnelly too :hurray: will be a great evening.

Oh and if anybody talks I will be starting the revolution, as quietly as I can

11. HarperPR

You do that, Jane!

Bush Hall is a lovely venue, one of my favourites: has chandeliers and a balcony + roof terrace from where you can watch stage, drink and smoke all at the same time! But with a 300/350 capacity, getting only around 80 in meant lack of atmosphere. And at the bar there were more staff than customers!

Sean is really amusing to watch! Was really going hell for leather.

12. HarperPR

13. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Saw Mark walking down Albert Road Pompey on Thursday after the Levellers gig, my son asked if he could have his photo taken with him, seemed a nice bloke, a bit pissed though since the show had not long ended!