1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mcnarie here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mcnarie, Jun 22, 2008.

1. mcnarie

mcnarie I've got a zappy little nappy

I'll not say much to introduce myself. I was 17 or so when I interviewed Roy. Boy, he nailed it. After hearing it again, it's nice to see it online. I seemed reasonably intelligent, but Roy nailed everything I asked.

Is anybody smarter than this brilliant bastard? He is the bravest pug I ever shared a beer with.

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

So did Roy empty your brain the size of a planet then?

andi :hurray:

3. mcnarie

mcnarie I've got a zappy little nappy

smartypants

Naw, he just numbed it. Or the stout did.

Four years later, I interviewed Phil Alvin of the Blasters. He'd just returned to playing music, from a hiatus to prove a mathematical theorem, and the interview was spent as much on the future of the COMMERCE of rock as it was the history of his band. He said (paraphrasing), "labels will become a useless middle-man. You'll soon be able to load music onto chips. Bands won't need labels, theyll make more money without being on a label." I'll have to find the tape and quote it, because it's absolutely Asimovian in it's purity and accuracy. He said it in 1989, mind you. The 'web' was in it's infancy, and Napster was a million abortions later.

Mc

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  4. wessexy witch

wessexy witch I've got a zappy little nappy

Hullo !!

:seeya: