1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meetup in London, November 5th, pre-gig

Discussion in 'General' started by pd, Oct 14, 2011.

1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  2. cjpolitzki

cjpolitzki I've got a zappy little nappy

Excellent Paul!

Thanks for posting! Looking forward to seeing you once again after so many years!

Be seeing you....

Chris

3. grahamsgut

grahamsgut I've got a zappy little nappy

Good work. See you there. I'll be walking round saying 'Stormcock?'.

4. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

I might go around shouting "whiteman" just for a giggle. "Come out fighting, ghengis smith" is another consideration.

5. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Paul, what time are we meeting?

6. pd

I don't have any new information as yet :)

7. scotpaulabear

Fair enough, I was getting confused :wink:
    I should be there late afternoon for a few hours of :cheers2: before you all head off to cause trouble :biggrin:

8. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well it will depend on how much of :cheers2: we have at Nicks gig on Friday, that will determine what time I get to the pub on Saturday !!

9. scotpaulabear

Probably too many, but I have faith in your recovery ability :thumbup1:

10. Sandie

Sandie Computer stained fingers

Paula - it's been years since I last saw you - looking forward to changing that in a few days.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else too.

11. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Love the comments on that Hole in the Wall place. So it's a bit shabby, but handy for the station and a quick pint. Good beer; as long as you don't mind the loos and the surly barmaid! :biggrin:

12. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious I've got a zappy little nappy

I'll be there probably with two or three others. Look out for confused people!

13. scotpaulabear

Aww Sandie I'm so happy to be seeing you again too :biggrin:

14. pd

My dedicated research team did some last-minute reconnaissance in the South Bank area yesterday and upon intense discussion we decided to move the Saturday afternoon meet to a better venue, that will be more conducive to polite conversation in the sort of comfort we have naturally come to expect. Please pass this information on to anyone that you think needs to know it.

-------- Original Message --------

Hi Paul

As mentioned this afternoon, further reconaissance of the Waterloo area revealed that the Wellington "Hotel" is no longer the dive it used to be for fighting squaddies and matelots and now has some rather nice sofas and tables and chairs. It is also quite big with three large sized adjoining rooms.

It also does food and at least a couple of real beers (one being the very excellent Brakspeare's) and is just across the road from the Jubilee Line entrance to Waterloo Station (or if you are in the station - walk away from the river and follow the signs to the Jubilee Line, go down the short escalator and then cross the street and you are there).

Altogether a more promising venue than the Hole In the Wall as the latter could get quite crowded and there is little room to eat food.

I would therefore recommend that the "meet" be transferred to The Wellington where at least two Cockers are staying so they can't get lost.

Best regards

Your anonymous researcher

The Wellington

81 - 83 Waterloo Road, Waterloo, London, SE1 8UD

Tel: 0207 9286083

[​IMG]

15. Watford Pete

Watford Pete I've got a zappy little nappy

Saturday Meet

Any idea what time some of the early arrivers will be, er, arriving?
    I'll be travelling up from the seaside mid afternoon

16. bigchris

To be honest Pete - no idea really ! I have asked the guys I'll be going with, what time they want to get there - but they have no idea (!) ... I reckon we'll be there at least 3 hours before we have to leave, so that would be 4 ish ... but we are staying in London on Friday ( & Saturday ) so we'll be around all day - just depends how we feel after Friday's session !!

17. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

So?

So? What's happening Saturday morning/ afternoon? St Pauls?

andi

18. bigchris

I could take my tent down to St Pauls - but I think it would stand out a bit - lots of the tents I've seen on the news are VERY expensive ones ... which is a bit weird ( IMHO ) !

19. Johnbarkeriom

Johnbarkeriom Computer stained fingers

good point though... perhaps i could still cancel my expensive total and camp at St Paul's for the night:wink:

20. Alan Cynic

Alan Cynic Computer stained fingers

I'm hoping to make the meet-up, as I'm in a hotel near Waterloo.. think it's a travel lodge. Haven't had the best of times of late, so a blast of Roy live will be a great pick-me-up! :)