1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mods and Rockers

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by pd, Oct 13, 2008.

1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I've appointed Paula as an additional moderator for the forums so everyone has to be extra nice to her :)

Vicky and I are off to Turkey for a fortnight, starting this Friday, so she will be thrown in at the deep end! Actually there isn't much to do here other than tidy up messy threads and, extremely rarely, deal with spam. Let's hope it stays that way!

Congratulations, Paula!

2. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Have a great trip. :D

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Thanks for your trust in me, Paul!

No arse kissing required, 'Cockers. I'm an equal opportunity beeyotch :D

4. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Mods & rockers?

Who is the one wearing the Parka or the leather jacket then?

Watch out for the Kurds and whey in Turkey, even in Istanbul there's been trouble recently I think? Don't stray into Iraq by mistake in other words!

Have a great one
    chrs
    andi

5. pd

We're heading off to Alanya which is, I hope, far enough away from any trouble. But nevertheless it's always prudent to keep one's eyes open. The guidebook says that this is a very popular resort for Germans... which means I shall have to watch my jokes. The "Schindlers Lift" in the last mainly-German hotel we stayed in made me laugh lots and prompted lots of pokes in the ribs by Vicky, afraid I might make inappropriate comments.

6. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Syntax problem

Didn't you mean "Stay out of the Kurds' whey..." "When in Turkey, do things the Whey Kurds' do..."

I'm sorry, all these bad puns just-a Kurd to me...

On a barely-related note:
    Did you know -- since the beginning of the IRAQ WAR II -- American contractors have been paid to ship SAND from Kuwait to Iraq?

7. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

:rofl: whey to go, man!

8. NoCelebrity

Low threshold for laughs...

No whey! You're only laughing 'cause it's late, and you're tired.

Be thankful I don't start with anagrams and other wordplay.

(Thinking Monty Python... Regally!)

"Whey are not amused...":closedeyes:

9. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

No, it's 3.30 am here and I'm still going strong! Still working. Scored a nice support gig earlier for an artist and am well pleased with that.

I do get a sense of the ridiculous at this hour though; start thinking about posters, flyers and gig reviews!:m14: I need it too as I lost half a biog in the cyber ether and have had to re-write to fire off later this morning.

10. pd

Back from holidays... we got in through the front door at 6am Friday morning and the trip back (overnight flight) was a bit grim. Even more so to discover zero degree temperatures at Stansted. Happily the car started first time!

You lot seem really good at derailing threads. I tidied a couple of the worst ones up but please do feel free to start new threads for new topics, like, er, you are meant to :)

I'll have some pictures up at flickr eventually and will post a link. Parts of Turkey are amazing, the highlight probably being a 3 day trip to the Cappadocia region.

Paul.

11. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Thank feck you're back Paul - I dunno how you do it, being moderator hurt my head :wink: *hugs*

12. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Welcome back

Welcome back you total dearranger!

c
    a :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

13. NoCelebrity

Welcome Back!

Just in time for HALLOWEEN! We missed your rotating icon.