1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

most expensive gig ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dave w, Sep 10, 2010.

1. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Neil Young

Neil Young plus other artists @ IOW worked out for two of us at over £600 including hovercraft, tickets, beer etc. Bob Dylan at Blackbush was free as we just walked over the fence which had been pushed down!

andi

3. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

Thats a pretty outrageous price. I'd love to go but even if I could afford such an extravagence I wouldn't pay that price. PH has an apologetic note about it on his website:

http://sofasound.com/latest.htm

Looks like there will be more VdGG action in the new year so I will hold out for that.

4. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

glass of champagne ??? I'd expect at least two glasses for £175 !!

5. pconpie

pconpie I've got a zappy little nappy

Wow. I thought Tom Waits @ €137.50 in 2008 was expensive. Do you get to bring PH to the pub with you afterwards so you can impress everyone? (He'd be buying of course).

6. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Jesus that must have hurt, they're really having everybody's pants down! Was the gig actually worth £175?

7. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

yes/no ?

I can't quite bring myself to pay that much - if VdGG were to play all of "the least we can do..........." or Godbluff then I'd think about it (deffo if they'd play all of Still Life).

One aspect of this which puts me off paying £175 is that there may be corporate types - the sort who don't take their seats at Wembley - who get their tickets for free. The less charitable may call them undeserving vermin, but I wouldn't go that far. :cuss:

8. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

No chance for me, much as I love VDGG. To be fair to PH, at least he has communicated his unease about it all.

I never pay more than £30 for concert tickets, stingy git that I am. except for Radiohead at old Trafford (£45) the other year. And that wasn't great.

9. SHAUN I

Talking of paying £30 for concert tickets, are you and Paul coming to the Roy gig on Saturday Pete?

10. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Shaun - no. :) Enjoy it though!

11. SHAUN I

Cheers Pete, hope to see you at a Nick gig this winter mate.