1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherwell and Glasgow gig info

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by intimate gigs, Aug 13, 2009.

1. intimate gigs

intimate gigs I've got a zappy little nappy

For those of you heading for the Motherwell Music Festival show on Friday (14th), just remember that it is an early kick off. First on is Paul Rose, then Nick before Glenn takes the stage. Be there for 7.30 or you will miss it.

For the Griffin gig in Glasgow doors are 8pm. There is no support as we are expecting a similair kind of show as Nick did at Coatbridge (over 3 hrs.... Phew.)

There are tickets still available for both shows, but remember The Griffin gig only has a 50 capcity.

Here are ticket links.
    Motherwell
    The Griffin

2. intimate gigs

The Griffin is now sold out.

3. fuzzytnth3

fuzzytnth3 Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

[​IMG]

More photos here

End of the penultimate song to the end of a fantastic three hour gig!

Good to see the indomitable Paula again and the ever laid back Big Chris as well as the laconic Tam. Hope your knees survived the five hour Bus journey Chris.

The song that surprised me for it's intensity and depth was Room Spin. The way Nick used both his voice and the guitar to convey that sensation of having been out on the lash, getting home lying down and feeling the whole place spin was something special.

For a full and detailed set list, I'm sure Paula will provide at some point. For now this is what jumps out of my Guinness addled brain cells Aeroplane, Simple, Cloth of Gold, Shadowlands, 38, Treasure Island, My Sunshine, Love Junkie and Evo (to which there is a story but I'm noo telling (unless plied with lots of Guinness) cos' I got heckled by another audience member that I was an Anorak!)

Also there was a string break in there but fer the life of me I've forgotten what Nick was singing at that point. Was funny, as first the gadgie wot organised the gig (dinnae ken his name sorry but he was very stern about folks to not talk while Nick was playing and quite right to I say) dug out some spare strings but it didn't include the one Nick needed then Paula had a go rummaging in Nick's guitar case to dig out an untouched set of strings and success but poor old Nick had to keep the song going but as he strung the guitar and kept singing he was interjecting rude comments muttered under his breath about the string and or the guitar as he sung, a hoot:D

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

FAB photo, Graeme! Today's job on my part is typing up setlists and putting up my pics :biggrin:
    And I have to agree with you, Roomspin was perfect that night :biggrin:

5. intimate gigs

What!!!!!!

Gadgie!!!!! How dare you sir. May i point out i am neither a Gadgie, Weegie or Ned. I left my shell suit and white Nike's at home, so this is really uncalled for. Obviously my Masters was a complete waste of time. That damned Glasgow University. Should have went to Edinburgh.

The shame of being verbally attacked by an anorak. The shame. :biggrin:

6. scotpaulabear

*soda spew* :smilielol5:

7. fuzzytnth3

fuzzytnth3 Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Duly noted you are obviously a Scholar and a Gentleman compared to me self taught Anorak status wot has only got a HNC plus Technology III certificate. After all you organised a lovely gig in a lovely wee venue. All I did was drink beer and not manage to find the first line of the second verse when asked (it was there just I couldn't read it at the time, it was clear as day the following morning, honest)

My Eldest who defended my anorakness at the time did attend Glasgow Uni and my eldest son is about to start at Strathclyde Uni next month so I have nothing against Glasgow's educational establishments.

Glasgow's Uni's Student Union held out against the NUS cartel for alcohol supplies as it would mean an increase in prices whereas Edinburgh crumbled with hardly a whisper of protest. So I shall always hold in high regard any student from Glasgow :)

Thanks once again for organising a great gig

8. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Good gawd!

This reminded me of the endless Rangers v Celtic [pronounced with an 'S' by all accounts and nothing to do with the ancient breed] footie arguments doon pub! Hadrians wall should have been longitudinally placed not latitudinously!

cheers
    andi

9. intimate gigs

Ahh yes. Many a Strathie all nighter was attended. Saw The Big Dish, Fruits of Passion and Runrig!!!! on the same bill. Those were the days.

I remember they served a cocktail called a Purple Vomit (Buckfast & Irn Bru). Never partook myself.

Any hoo... I leave you with Glasgow's Ned Kru featuring The Wee Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scNLfr1EP08

10. scotpaulabear

11. scotpaulabear

Total aside:

Sounds as good as its American cousin, the Purple Nasty - grain alcohol (180 proof) and grape juice...

[​IMG]