1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorshow

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by bigchris, Jul 28, 2008.

1. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

does anyone know what day Nick is playing at the Motorshow this week ?

2. Halfhorse

Halfhorse I've got a zappy little nappy

Which motorshow?

Obviously I don't know the answer and sorry if you got your hopes up by seeing a reply!

Graeme :blushing:

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

4. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

well I got a voicemail from the man last week and he said he had just got confirmed for a "corporate sold out gig at the British Motorshow" ... or it could have been "sell out" gig ?!?!

5. scotpaulabear

HAHA well that would be selling out in the nicest way possible :wink: Will see what I can find out.

EDIT: apparently said gig already happened and I suspect it was private :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  6. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Already been and gone. It was a private company affair, hence why it wasn't put out.

Sorry.

I believe Marillion - MARILLION, Phil!:biggrin: - also played last week at same!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  7. HarperPR

Nick Harper - en av de bästa live-akter jag sett

På motorshowen i London (som jag bloggade om) fanns det ett bås för Bose som gör ljudsystem. Där stod en gitarrist och spelade. Och det skulle ju kunna vara slutet på historien, sådana musiker har ju en tendens att stå och spela covers och vara rätt tråkiga. Men inte den här killen.
    [​IMG]
    Det här var bland det bästa jag hört! Harper spelar extremt rytmiskt på gitarren, sjunger rytmiskt och har ett jäkla reverb på som får ljudet att låta stort, fast det bara är en person som spelar. Det påminner mig om energi och rytm som Polices tidiga spelningar med låtar som t ex fallout. Det här är riktigt bra. Harper har en webbsajt här. Där kan man också ladda ner en del låtar.
    Jag hörde faktiskt bara en låt med honom eftersom han slutade spela, men det var bland det bästa jag hört live: "Love Junky". Låten går att ladda ner från sajten, men den har inte alls samma energi som live. Faktum är att trummorna gör låten mycket lamare, det är som om studioversionen ha tagit bort det som gör låten bra. Harper sjunger också mycket bättre live än på skivan: Den här lugna live-låten från webbsajten visar det. Och låten Knuckle Draggers påminner om den energi som Harper utstrålade.
    Det inhägnade området framför Harper är ett VIP-område. Jag frågade vakterna vem det var som spelade, de trodde det var Nick Harper, men var inte säkra så de föreslog att jag skulle gå in och fråga artisten själv. Det gjorde jag och skakade hand med mannen och sa att det var bland det bästa jag hört vilket verkade göra honom generad (eller besvärad). Han nämnde webbsajten och jag gick vidare, eftersom Harper inte spelade mer.
    Jag har sökt runt lite på nätet och det visar sig att Nick Harper är en s k erkänd artist och gitarrvirtuos, som ännu inte har slagit stort.

8. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

• Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie Gräilen
    • Røtern nik Akten Di
    • Wik
    • Alsø wik
    • Alsø alsø wik
    • Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër?
    • See the løveli lakes
    • The wøndërful telephøne system
    • And mäni interesting furry animals
    • The Characters and incidents portrayed and the names used are fictitious
      and any similarity to the names, characters, or history of any person is
      entirely accidental and unintentional.
      Signed RICHARD M. NIXON
    • Including the majestik møøse
    • A Møøse once bit my sister...
    • No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse
      with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given
      her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and
      star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo
      Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst
      Nordfink"...
    • We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have
      been sacked.
    • Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...
    • We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those
      responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked
      have been sacked.
    • Møøse trained by YUTTE HERMSGERVØRDENBRØTBØRDA
    • Special Møøse Effects OLAF PROT
      Møøse Costumes SIGGI CHURCHILL
    • Møøse Choreographed by HORST PROT III
      Miss Taylor's Møøses by HENGST DOUGLAS-HOME
      Møøse trained to mix concrete and sign
      com plicated insurance forms by JURGEN WIGG
    • Møøses' noses wiped by BJØRN IRKESTØM-SLATER WALKER
      Large møøse on the left hand side of the screen
      in the third scene from the end, given a thorough
      grounding in Latin, French and "O" Level
      Geography by BO BENN
      Suggestive poses for the Møøse suggested by VIC ROTTER
      Antler-care by LIV THATCHER
    • The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other
      people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been
      sacked.
      The credits have been completed in an entirely different style at
      great expense and at the last minute.
      Executive Producer
      JOHN GOLDSTONE & "RALPH" The Wonder Llama
      Producer
      MARK FORSTATER
      Assisted By
      EARL J. LLAMA
      MIKE Q. LLAMA III
      SY LLAMA
      MERLE Z. LLAMA IX
      Directed By
      40 SPECIALLY TRAINED
      ECUADORIAN MOUNTAIN LLAMAS
      6 VENEZUELAN RED LLAMAS
      142 MEXICAN WHOOPING LLAMAS
      14 NORTH CHILEAN GUANACOS
      (CLOSELY RELATED TO THE LLAMA)
      REG LLAMA OF BRIXTON
      76000 BATTERY LLAMAS
      FROM "LLAMA-FRESH" FARMS LTD. NEAR PARAGUAY
      and
      TERRY GILLIAM & TERRY JONES

9. scotpaulabear

Everyone's a comedian ;)

So I wanted to know why har slagit was stort or something... so I sent it through here:
    http://intertran.tranexp.com/Translate/result.shtml

"P motorshowen in London ( as self bloggade if fanns the one bs for Bose as do ljudsystem. There stood a guitar and feigned. And the should ju kunna product closed p affair sdana musicians had ju a animus that upwards and act covers and product right trkiga. But nots this fellow. This each among the best self hört! Harper am acting extreme rytmiskt p guitar , am singing rytmiskt and had one damn reverend p as fr sound that lta large , solid the only is a person as am acting. The pminner me if vigour and lilt as Polices olds spelningar with ltar as transfer ex case. This is really good. Harper have a webbsajt here. There able husband also fraught down a bit ltar. Self heard really only a lt with him as he cease act , but it was among the best self hört cheer up : " promise the Junky ". Lten gr that fraught down frn sajten , but it has nots versatile same vigour as cheer up. Fact is that trummorna do lten very lamare , the is as if studioversionen had tagit away the as do lten good. Harper am singing also very better cheer up than p disk : This quiet cheer up lten frn webbsajten am exposing the. And lten Knuckle Drag pminner if the vigour as Harper utstrlade. The enclosures omrdet before Harper is one VIP omrde. Self frgade guards whom it was as feigned , they believed it was Nod Harper , but did not be secure s they suggest that self should uphold in and frga artist herself. The did self and was shaking hand with men and said that it was among the best self hört which seem make him embarrassed ( ors embarrassed ). He was labeling webbsajten and I went forth , as Harper nots feigned more. I have searched about few p nätet and the am exposing themselves that Nod Harper is a s k was acknowledging artist and gitarrvirtuos , as still nots had knock large."

(she had large knockers?!?)

10. HarperPR

Why do these things translate so bizarrely?:confused1:

Would others come up with the same wording? I usually use the Google translate, which does perfect web pages, but haven't tried individual text passages.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  11. HarperPR

Another variation:

On motorshowen in London (which I blogged about), there was a booth for the Bose sound system that makes. There was a guitarist and played. And that would be the end of the story, the musicians have a tendency to stand and play covers and be right boring. But not this guy.

This was among the best I have heard! Harper is playing extremely rhythmically on the guitar, sing rhythmically and has a ruddy reverb on which may sound great, but there is only one person plays. It reminds me of energy and rhythm that Police early gigs with songs such as fallout. This is really good. Harper has a web site here. It can also download some songs.

I heard of only one song with him since he stopped playing, but it was among the best I have heard live: "Love Junky." The song can be downloaded from the site, but it does not have the same energy to live. The fact is that trummorna makes the song much weaker, it is as if studioversionen have removed what makes the song good. Harper sings also much better live than on disc: This calm live song from the web site shows that. And the song Knuckle Draggers reminiscent of the energy radiated Harper.

The fenced area in front of Harper is a VIP area. I asked the guards who it was who played, they thought it was Nick Harper, but was not sure so they suggested that I should step in and ask the artist himself. It made me and shook hand with the man and said that it was among the best I have heard what seemed to make him embarrassed (or uncomfortable). He mentioned the web site and I went on, because Harper did not play more.
    I searched around a bit on the net and it turns out that Nick Harper is a so-called recognized artist and gitarrvirtuos, which have not yet large.

12. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

bah, no mention of knockers at all in that one. :wink: