1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New album excitement and hype etc

Discussion in 'General' started by Shane, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

Let the excitement and hype commence. I was googling for news on the new album yesterday and found this tweet by someone called Eric Alper

https://twitter.com/ThatEricAlper/status/270345747352940544

I guess guests may include anyone at all.

Also hit upon this interview which I hadn't seen before.

2. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well I bumped into Roy in the supermarket in Clonakilty (2 months ago), while we were both eyeing up the British Beers on sale ... and we had a great chat about "everything" - well the beers, the weather, some folk we know and of course how the new album was going !!

He seemed very excited about what he'd done so far on the album; there were 10 songs recorded - 5 solo ones and 5 "with the band" - but there was still more "tinkering" to be done.

When I saw him, Tracy was about to go on her holidays, so that meant Roy could spend some quality time with Johnny F. in the recording studio to get a lot done; but saying that Roy also mentioned that he had played the songs to Harry Peace that weekend ( who btw was over in Clon to discuss the artwork for the soon to be re-issued HQ CD !!!! ) and they both decided that the tracks without the band didn't gell with the solo songs, so Roy decided that another trip to LA was needed to re-do some of the tracks with JW - I'm thinking this life as a Rock 'n' Roll star, has its perks ?!?!

I also asked him, who he thought would be releasing their new CD first - him or Nick ... but alas he couldn't comment on that ?!?!

3. Shane

Excellent information, bigchris. I love these little bits of news. I wonder if the new one will come out on vinyl and cassette - that could be one solution to the band/solo thing - a side each.

4. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

News like this always cheers me up!

5. Shane

I've just been googling for news again and found this line on the bio page at royharper.co.uk

May is only a few weeks away! I presume we'd have heard something by now if the new album was still on schedule for may though.

6. Shane

:m9:
    [​IMG]

September is AGES away!

7. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

"Don't miss this chance to see the astonishing, multi-award winning, iconic
    British folk rock troubadour bring alive tracks from his first album in
    over a decade, ‘Man & Myth’, plus tracks from seminal album ‘Stormcock’ "

8. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Not..

Not on the scale of photons thru aeons!

Andy

9. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

Booked my tickets for Festival Hall. Probably won't be staying over this time, but looking forward to it!

10. Shane

11. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

12. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb