1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Album from Nick

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveT, Oct 3, 2014.

1. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

2. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Pre ordered mine, Steve my daughter did her parachute jump last Saturday, thanks for sponsoring her.
    Are you going to see Nick in Chichester?

3. SteveT

Hi Barry. I would certainly hope to get to the Chi gig but as always on a weekday I'm at the mercy of work so will not be able to say for sure until much nearer the time.

4. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

..ordered!! Hopefully nice original acousticnecessity!

5. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Too bad that's not Chi-cago! It must be about five years since I saw Nick at the Abbey Pub with Cy. Shook his hand and got a photo with Nick after (in my photos here), but I forgot to buy his next beer. Encouraged he's trying to find an excuse to come to the Americas again. He had a good crowd, but it should've been bigger. It seems like our youth are trying to build a new wave of music appreciation and experimentation, but the whole economic model has changed, especially for new or under-discovered artists.

Expect I'll download the new effort soon.

6. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

The whole music business is weird now. But maybe this album will get some attention if we pass the info along!

Do try to spead the word over there NC :)

aspwatterson likes this.
  7. SteveT

It's getting a 'thumbs up' from me.

8. spiderdlb

spiderdlb a choice with no voice

Phew! Nix arrived today and I've just had the one listen so far. I think this will please all parties in the 'where should Nick's music be going?' debate (especially him, I suspect!!)! I think it is a classic after one listen. Thanks, Nick.

9. aspwatterson

Definitely album of the year for me so far. Beautiful complicated fast melodic acoustic guitar and on some tracks almost sounds like Roy singing. His high hymnal singing on one track is very lachrymosially evocative and you wonder how he can sing/coo so long without breathing, unless it's an electronic dub on ? A x

10. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Best..... Album....... Since........ Blood songs...... Possibly beyond......

That is all.

Oh no it isn't! Anyone else found the hidden message?

11. NoCelebrity

Doing my best!

12. NoCelebrity

The first original song I ever recorded I sang the backing rhythm vocal track for three-and-one-half minutes straight by breathing in on every fourth bar while still enunciating the nonsense words I used. I doubt that's what Nick did, but now I have to order it to see. (I'm guessing perfect breathing and overlapping vocals with long fades.)

13. scotpaulabear

Andy: Nick confirmed that he held that one note near the end of 'Breathe' for 1 minute and 10 seconds. Just in case you're keeping count :cool: He says it's a skill he's worked on over the years!

Critch: my head started to hurty when I tried to track the letters :( will go back to it later ;)

14. aspwatterson

Hidden message is definitely a tribute to his parents in the lyrics, and, how to cope with relationships in a very clever philosophical way inherited, would be my interpretation...but could change with relistens x

15. aspwatterson

I love the album and had it on non stop in the car! Nick seems to be exploding in creativity! x

16. scotpaulabear

Here's a hidden message clue (after sitting puzzling it out the other day and getting super excited when I recognised what he was doing): there's one for each song, and 9 is significant. OOOH.

17. aspwatterson

Well I do crosswords and haven't a clue! x

18. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Album arrived today, posted very quickly too (Thanks for that!) ... Just on 'Breathe' right now and enjoying - I'll fully immerse in headphones later. :D

19. aspwatterson

Good for you Trav! Mayb u can work out the hidden mssg? Coz they're not letting on.... x

20. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Who's not letting on? I've seen what needs to be done (I think).... :D