1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Album from Nick

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveT, Oct 3, 2014.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Well I could tell you what I found but it would ruin the surprise - your call :cool:

2. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well I haven't even tried to look for a hidden message ... but I might want to in the future, so perhaps if people are desperate for "the answer" you could PM them instead and keep the spoilers away !?

Travellerman likes this.
  3. scotpaulabear

Well said, sir. PM me for your secret message spoilers. :cool:
    (I've really built it up now - apols if I've built it up too much LOL)

4. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Well pls enlighten oh wise / sage one! x

5. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

The Borderline, Sunday.... booked! :D

I may see some of you there. :cool:

aspwatterson likes this.
  6. aspwatterson

Watch out Andover the Watterson steam train will be arriving at the NiX Harper platform this pm!

7. aspwatterson

Nick Harper
    Son of the legendary UK singer-songwriter Roy Harper, Nick was born in London and raised in Wiltshire. Having played the guitar from the age of 10 and surrounded by the likes of Keith Moon, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and Dave Gilmour as he grew up, it was no surprise when Nick made his recording debut on his father’s Whatever Happened to Jugula? in 1985.

A busy 2013 saw Nick on a major UK solo tour in support of his 8th studio album ‘Riven’. An epic recording with legendary producer Tchad Blake at the helm. Nick has also found time to play on new recordings with Lana Del Rey, Newton Faulkner and Steven Wilson this year, via his 6th appearance at Glastonbury Festival, whilst also running his own charity concert/walk in deepest Wiltshire in August – at Devil's Den Rocks....

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  8. aspwatterson

9. scotpaulabear

See youse in Andover and London :cool:

10. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

SPB etal.,

Well, I finally ordered Nick's new CD "NIX."

I find I'm becoming a bit of a "binge Harpernaut." Like people who watch a whole season of TV in one sitting, I OD on Roy and Nick every so often. But what a way to go! I still listen to a little Roy almost every day like a teenage superfan but to practice my vocals and find/stretch my limits (Vocal Chords are like any other muscle). Lately I've been going over Nick and Roy's catalogs and re-listening to my podcast and the podcast with Jonathan Wilson I kept starting but never finishing.

I finally finished the Jonathan Wilson Podcast (I listened to the first half as soon as it came out) on my brand new iPhone and knew I had to order "Nix." I know that's a non-sequitur, but re-listening to my Podcast 35 the first time since it came out, I was full of non-sequiturs!

Waiting to hear what you're all raving about. Sounds good!

scotpaulabear and aspwatterson like this.
  11. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

PROBLEM w/ American orders on Nick's website:

Paula or others,

When I filled in my address it autofilled my county as "Aberdeenshire" which I couldn't fix. I stuck with it through the payment section, then got a notice I hadn't entered my State (in the same place as "county") and had to re-enter other info. When I noticed my email was missing a letter I ended up canceling and starting over with the same order which I finally got completed. In the meantime I received an email saying my first attempted order had been canceled (I assume this was an automated reply and didn't use my manually mis-entered address, but don't know). I did get a proper confirm for the second attempt.

I hope this info gets to the right people and helps improve North American sales. I remember Roy's site was a little buggy when I first used it, but I was pleased to get a thoughtful phone message from Tracy because I'd somehow doubled the order, and will always cherish speaking to her personally to get it straightened out.

Waiting to give my review of "NIX" in a week or two.

Love to all Harpernauts!

12. Travellerman

I'm enjoying NIX too :D I'm particularly fond of Beauty Came First and Breathe, I think they are the two songs that grabbed me on first listen. I love the 'rolling lyrics' of Beauty Came First... that just hits my spot :cool:

aspwatterson likes this.
  13. aspwatterson

Ran out of steam yesterday... but there's no today.... so will go and clean 4 carparks now at 5am GMT and get up to London sober if I can and catch him on the borderline of the moment of time perchance....

14. Travellerman

Paula can you pm me! I am scoffing my eggs benny, pen in hand but unless I have missed one... 47? Forwards, backwards, every other? :)

15. aspwatterson

Soz can't make Londinium 2nite but if any one needs accommodation in Basingstoke in February 2015 to see him [I only live 500 yards away from QMC Basingstoke] let me know pls?
    Bring your own personal sleeping bag [clean! please!] ; anti-snoring kit; toothbrush and paste.... tks......... x

New albummy from Yusufa link.... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NALHJY6?ie=UTF8&tag=sonymusiccommercial-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B00NALHJY6
    http://www.centralstudio.co.uk/Livemusic.html

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
  16. aspwatterson

PD/Paula u mite av 2 separate the 2 links above coz I been trying 2 fathomn it out and getting confusciously bored... x

17. scotpaulabear

Andi, I'm not even sure what you said but I edited your first post ;)

And NC, I will pass your feedback on - glad it got sorted in the end - when did you make the order? :)

18. scotpaulabear

And I think the rendition at the end of the gig was a highlight :D

19. Travellerman

Indeed it was!

A touching, generous and much appreciated gesture that, after such a power driven second set, surely went above and beyond the call of duty! For me, BCF is one of those songs where chords, lyrics and vocals just come together in a wonderful and special way.

Lucky Harry... :D