1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member/old fan from northern border

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Roscoe, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Roscoe

Roscoe I've got a zappy little nappy

:w00t:Wow! I never knew there were so many fans of the Harpers! My name is Russ And I live in western NY(Rochester) I discovered Roy in the early eighties after becoming a huge Led Zeppelin fan. I had to know just who they were taking their hats off to.:confused1: I became a huge fan of Roy and collected many of his albums as import only. Unfortunately I sold them all in the nineties when I was desperate for money because they were my only records that had any value.:( I'm glad to see that they are available on cd now-I will be starting my new collection:biggrin: Discovered Nick thru Roy's website and He is my new hero-musically. Look forward to socializing and discovering more on this website! I am married with six kids and I love to play guitar and write songs even at my advanced/beginner level. I hope to become proficient enough to do coffehouses in about a year! Hey! to all the musicians out there!
    Russ

2. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

Let me be the first ...

... to say welcome.

I hope you understand what a bunch of strange, not to say lovable, bunch of friends you've just joined.

I tell you what, it takes all sorts ...

Enjoy the ride.
    :biggrin:

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Hello fellow American! :biggrin: From the Boston area (and currently visiting there) but I live in Scotland and I have lotsa family up your way (but only as far as Gloversville and Schenectady)...

Care to host a concert for Nick so we can get him over there? :rofl:

4. wessexy witch

wessexy witch I've got a zappy little nappy

Hullo !!
    :cheers2:

5. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

Welcome indeed :) 6 kids must take some looking after! What do they make of Roy's music? You're right about Nick too: brilliant!

Bob

6. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Another lost in the ether of all these lost threads?

Think I'm going backwards in cybertime...but...just maybe, just maybe : "people like me, people like you".

Thanks Den* we'll convert you to Harperdom oneday Inshalla.. and hello to you on this octopussy's appendagy thread across the water of this planetary planet...

c/a

* Den at the 100% Basingstoke at Jon's party South Ham last monthypoos [to be embedded soon within CD eventualititty]

7. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Greetings Roscoe and welcome aboard! I can imagine the mayhem in your house, I was the youngest of six children myself.. :biggrin:

(You don't have to be mad to reside here, but it helps!)

8. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Write On!

Greetings more than a year late! (I'm not the only one). I saw Genesis in "Rock-Hester" (as Phil C. called it) around 1978 while a Sophomore at Ithaca College.

Have you been back to the site lately? Or did your employer find out?:smilielol5:

See you at the Ithaca Music Fest in Trumansburg, some time?