1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New songs from Nick

Discussion in 'Words and Music' started by HarperPR, May 6, 2009.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Now a fair few of you are familiar with 38, a few less maybe with Sunshine, and only those at the second Half Moon show will have heard Silly Daddy...but if you caught them this tour, what's the verdict on these new songs, folks? Marks out of 10?:)

2. Steve_Pitts

Steve_Pitts I've got a zappy little nappy

I'd hate to rate songs that I'd only heard once (or twice in the case of 38) but at least Nick's intro of 38 last night made some of it make a little more sense. Neither 38 nor Sunshine really grabs me, but it would be difficult for any song to do that amongst so many that I know so well.

3. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Sunshine got me from the go, I hope that song develops into something or makes a formal appearance somewhere circular and shiny :D

4. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Oh, me too, Trav!:closedeyes: Or at least as a download.

5. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Oh god I hope NOT !! That's NOT to it being available as a download ... not NOT to it being released elsewhere !?!

If any of Nick's stuff does become available to download ... please please please NOT chuffing iTunes only !!

6. Travellerman

Maybe he can release it on his own via his site. I think that's what Roy is working on at the moment too, i.e. back catalogue via download, funds direct to artist (or close). :biggrin:

7. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Well, that all sounds very interesting... :)

8. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

The new song from Putney, Silly Daddy, I found very intense and emotional, I think he is still working on it but I'm impressed already...

As for 38 and Sunshine, I keep humming them without even thinking about it so they must be catchy :wink:

9. Travellerman

Unconfirmed rumours, don't quote me :D

10. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Roy & Nick freds...

Yep! Both threads going like arrows through the sky and my mind! The techno people/machines are there available now to promote them to the world at large methinks?

And if we use them wisely they are a perfect way to speed up threads of sensible communication by helping save & prosper the development of ourselves, children and the future of our presently green world.

Only our minds limit the potentiality of the expansive experience in the expanding message through the soundful energy of the Universe. It is literally at our fingertips now; coz we know how; and why; or : someone that does! On that electronic video/audio moment vibe.... in a sonorous chain of discovery...

PS Anyroad, thought this was a good pertinent historical coincidental link :

http://www.dirtylinen.com/feature/50harper.html

[Soz; come back a bit cosmic from the QMC [ex-NH] venue/ gig just now! They seem to like Mystuff but won't let it go to my commercial non-head]

c/a :smilielol5:

Last edited: May 9, 2009