1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News from Harperspace

Discussion in 'General' started by HarperPR, Feb 14, 2009.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Check Nick's site for updated news. If you are subscribed to the newsletter and haven't received latest, follow instructions also given there.

http://www.harperspace.com

2. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Is there a Plan B ?

I haven't received any newsletter ... my email address is already on his system and have checked all junk folders and spam service ?!?!

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

I didn't get it either, but knowing mailing lists they sometimes take a while to send all the mails out, especially larger ones :confused1: Has anyone gotten this?

4. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

? ditto Xris ?

News from outa space? Is Nick alright? You've got me worried now.

Have been listening to Magic Feather. Beautiful song. What's it about and inspired from?

andi

5. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Nothing for me either.

6. Debbie B

Debbie B I've got a zappy little nappy

I have received news from harperspace :confused1:

Got email on Thursday - maybe i am at the beginning of the alphabet :biggrin:

7. scotpaulabear

:wink:

Oooh can you please post a copy while we're waiting?

8. Debbie B

Debbie B I've got a zappy little nappy

Sure :biggrin: Here is the text from the message:
    High time I dropped you a line. I try not to mail you too often as we all get too much junk from every angle these days, but looking back it has been quite a while since I made contact - I hope you're still there!
    All the links in orange on this page should work as per the web site, but exclusively for you - check out the discount codes below right.
    The major upcoming event is the solo tour this Spring in the UK. It's nicely spread to keep me fresh and hungry and give you time to recover and maybe make more than one gig if you can. There are a few new venues to spice it up a bit and a few old favourites I'm looking forward to. Later in the year there will be a limited number of festivals, some gigs in Europe and then a few in the USA. Details will change on the tour page as dates are added so keep looking here..
    There is also a bunch of other stuff like vids and other updates available on Myspace.
    We may or may not stumble across the meaning of life, the universe and everything on the tour and we'll certainly have a good time, but I will attempt to be a force for good again this year and support the Love Hope Strength Foundation. Find out why it's so close to my heart here.
    If you'd like to help please click the Kilimanjaro Rocks link on the left - it is tangible proof that music can do amazing things in this crazy mixed up world..
    Thanks for your support - it's a privilege to do what I do.
    Nick x

9. scotpaulabear

Woot! :biggrin: Bless his cotton socks, that's sweet... and more US gigs! *runs off to check cheap flight websites LOL*

Thanks Debbie, just out of curiosity what are the discount codes for?

10. scotpaulabear

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing the inspiration for the magic feather is Dumbo the flying elephant! He was convinced he could only fly with his magic feather, but really it was within him all the time...

11. HarperPR

Newsletter

Is there anyone who has still not received the newsletter?

Nick does know about it. There has been a problem with the server.

But if in case there are a few stragglers who got missed out....post a word here.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  12. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Well, I never got one. I used to get them. Maybe my rabid anti-spam filter decided to reject it.

13. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

ditto ditto

14. HarperPR

Okay...well sit tight everyone! He'll probably have to mail out again as it seems there are still a fair number of you that I've spoken to or have posted here who are without. Nick is aware of it.

15. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I didn't get one either. I tried re-subscribing with two email addresses but it claimed that both were already subscribed. Can't remember if that is genuinely the case or not.

16. Travellerman

I am being told on Myspace...

"One of the 38 tour kicks off, and Harpic speaks! (view more)"

but clicking that leads to...
    "Invalid Friend ID.
    This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted."

:confused1:

17. HarperPR

I shouldn't sweat, it's only the piece that Debbie posted here from the newsletter.:)

18. Travellerman

Not sweating, just a 'heads up' for whoever needs to know.

The link didn't work, which will mean some members wont view, but if one goes to the entire blog, the post is visible there.

Just a glitch in the link I guess.

19. scotpaulabear

Trav, that link works now... I'm assuming this is one of those wonderful Myspace errors that comes and goes without warning :wink:Checked it from my account too and it seems okay. Even if it is "only" that text :rolleyes:

20. Travellerman

No problem. Myspace is glitchy at times, a work in progress I suppose, but I thought a glitch relating to a 'big tour by an artist' might be one of those worth having a look at. :D