1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick at Beautiful Days 2010!

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by scotpaulabear, Apr 21, 2010.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Yes, after all the rumours, this is FINALLY official! :m3: He was listed on the BD mailout today... will update dates on this thread when I know more...

2. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

My guess is mid afternoon, Sunday,the big top :D:hurray::hurray:

I just wish Nick could persuade Roy to take up the offer the Levs made him.

3. scotpaulabear

Damn, if Roy played that would be great! Now that he's out of retirement and all :wink:

4. SusieB

SusieB I've got a zappy little nappy

Now *that* would be amazing... Still, see you down the front for Nick then, Paula? :biggrin:

5. scotpaulabear

Totally! Girlie mosh pit! :17:

6. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Nick's appearance here will be on Friday 20th.

7. just jane

That will make a nice change :biggrin: must make sure my BDs first timers who booked on the strength of Nicks performance at Wrexham are set up in time. I will of course be set up and ready to go by 9.15 am :thumbup:

8. scotpaulabear

Nick was on first on the main stage (with his band Sleeper Cell!) the year I went. We were stuck in traffic for 3 hours and almost didn't make it - this was me in the car -> :willy_nilly: This time, we will be there early early EARLY :thumbup:

But the Levs (Drunk in Public) better not go on the same time again in the tent - the crowd was sparse for Sleeper Cell, putting it kindly :blink: :bored:

9. just jane

Yes 05 was my year of rediscovering musical holidays, we took the family to Clonakilty then followed Nick to BDs and the kids have refused a 'normal' holiday since.

At that time I had no idea who drunk in public were but it would be a tough choice between them nowadays and I know the kids would choose DIP or Levs acoustic. But I doubt they would be put against each other again because every time Nick has played the big top since and Ive seen Rev Hammer, Simon and Mat leveller watching him :thumbup:

10. scotpaulabear

Looking forward to meeting up and sharing a beer at BD, Jane :thumbup:

11. HarperPR

Although not going, please all that do give Stornoway a big applause (and Mr Briggs a big hug from me!). The nicest, loveliest and certainly cleverest bunch of blokes going.

You should have all heard the album. But at least check the forthcoming single Watching Birds. It's a bouncy little earworm!

12. scotpaulabear

Full running orders up here:
    http://www.beautifuldays.org/artists/x
    but pertinent for us Harperspacecadets:

THE BIG TOP
    FRIDAY
    Fairport Acoustic Convention
    Neds Atomic Dustbin
    Duke Special
    Thomas White
    Nick Harper
    Uiscedwr
    Levellers Acoustic

And here's the orders of the other stages that day so you can see where his clashes may be :D Looks like I'm safe to see the Easy Stars, WHEW!

MAIN STAGE
    FRIDAY
    The Wailers
    Newton Faulkner
    Easy Star All-Stars
    Hobo Jones and the Junkyard Dogs

THE LITTLE BIG TOP
    FRIDAY
    Krafty Kuts
    Stereo MCs (DJ Set)
    Foamo
    Ben & Lex
    DJ Andromeda
    James Gill
    DonJohnston

DIRTY DAVEY'S BANDSTAND
    FRIDAY
    British Sea Power
    Waiting for Bono
    Jackie Juno
    Hypnotique
    Whitestar
    Stars in the Making?
    Red Dirt

13. just jane

The big top starts at 3pm and the main stage at 6pm so i reckon the possible clash is with The Hobos :crying:

How can I choose between a band that have gone from busking the festival when I first went, to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq15-Ps_uH0 the big top was as crowded as it is for the levs, they had to stop access it was so packed, I want to see the size of the main stage crowd, so I may have to run a bit

these guys take their music very seriously http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TJEkEOTev4&feature=related and are as much BDs as the Levs for my kids

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  14. scotpaulabear

Oh arse! I didn't think there was any chance of them clashing either! :bored: Only seen the Hoboes once but they were fab! I hope they don't clash...

15. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

What a shame I was hoping he was on the same day as the Alarm the saturday - bobhhhhhissssss xxx

16. just jane

Festivals are meant to be appreciated as a whole, not just a day otherwise its just a gig in a field :D come for the weekend

17. katrina

Wish I could - but I am at yeovil on friday seeing the alarm xxx

18. scotpaulabear

That's a bummer Kat, but I'll find you on Saturday for a natter if you have a few minutes spare :biggrin:

19. HarperPR

20. katrina

That will be nice P and I will have more time at the festival.

Kxx