1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick at Holmfirth Picturedrome (early gig) - Sat 12th May 2012

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by scotpaulabear, Dec 8, 2011.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

2. Colin L

Colin L Computer stained fingers

Great News!

3. bobsrucksack

bobsrucksack I've got a zappy little nappy

Hello, yes, sounds good, I might be interested in going as it's an afternoon performance, unless it's on the same day as the FA Cup final (must check!) at Wembley and my team, Birmingham City are playing there!

4. Colin L

there's as much chance as Birmingham being at Wembley as Leeds have got. So see you in Holmfirth!

5. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

yeah and so much for this being Barnsley's year - 100 years since the last time we won the cup ( but still the only team ever to win the cup in Yorkshire !! ) ... so I'll see you in Holmfirth too !!

6. bobsrucksack

Yes, just checked, the FA Cup Final is on Sat 12 May, with the KO @ 17.15 hrs, so that it won't clash with any other matches on the same day!
    Rediculous really, as once upon a time it was the only match being played on that day and always started at 15.00, but not nowadays!
    I bet that Nick will be annoyed if Liverpool get to the final and he won't be able to be in attendance!

7. bobsrucksack

Ps Sorry to drift a bit off topic, but does anybody know if Roy was able to attend the Man City v Stoke City FA Cup Final last May?
    I just wondered.

8. scotpaulabear

Harpic must have paid someone off - the Chelsea-Liverpool FA Cup is now on the 5th *whew* :D

9. scotpaulabear

So now Nick's venerable! I shall direct you to 2 definitions on thefreedictionary.com:

venerable [ˈvɛnərəbəl]
    adj
    1. (esp of a person) worthy of reverence on account of great age, religious associations, character, position, etc.
    2. (of inanimate objects) hallowed or impressive on account of historical or religious association

He's absolutely a great age - he's only 3 years older than me :D Everyone be really really reverent at the gig LOL.

So, who's coming along, huh huh? I shall be present and accounted for the whole weekend, and stone cold sober Saturday as I'm driving (I'll make up for it by being designated drinker in Sale :17: )...

10. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Zounds..

Zounds wonderful!Enjoy!

Didn't know Nick was a Scouser supporter at all. Should be interesting discuss with his venerable MC dad I suppose? Wonder if he'll play Gillingham oneday where I used to school? Bath for me prob, phps...?

A

11. Colin L

I'll be there Paula - might be by myself as Joy will be away.
    If anyone's interested Al Parish from the Canadian folk group tanglefoot is playing up the road at Birdsedge village hall in the evening. Hoping to do both, but I'll see how it goes.

12. scotpaulabear

Sadly (!) I have another gig to go to that night :wink:

13. SimonF

SimonF I've got a zappy little nappy

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  14. scotpaulabear

Found a video for Simple from this gig - I think I was standing right near where the filmer was, looks like the view we had!

[youtube]oppiO8J_FBc[/youtube]