1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick at Isle of Bute Guitar Festival, Sat 17 Sept 2011

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by scotpaulabear, Jun 26, 2011.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  2. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I gave Dick Gaughan a Nick CD when I was in New Zealand - I hope he liked it :)

I wish I could get to Bute, I'd love to explore the Scottish Isles, and a guitar festival would give me good reason... but I'm off again next month (Austria) :D Have fun Paula :biggrin:

3. scotpaulabear

You certainly earn your name, Trav :wink: Sorry you won't make it up here but that's a good excuse LOL...

4. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

5. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I have this thing about islands :) One day I'll get up there and get around for a while, it looks beautiful and I do prefer the wild places. Wild camping is allowed in Scotland too, which is fabulous as it's illegal in England!

It looks like the Austrian Alps is going to be my next home... for a while :wink:

6. scotpaulabear

There's now a programme up on the Guitar Fest site - it's interactive, so if you click on it, there's a map of where the venues are on the island:
    http://www.buteguitarfestival.co.uk/images/the big f programme.pdf

Nick will be playing with Rodney Brannigan and Tim Wood on Saturday 17th at 9pm, at Craigmore Bowling Club. I've seen Glenn Tilbrook there in the past and it's a lovely cozy venue - not exactly in the center of Rothesay but Rothesay isn't that big so it's not too far out...

(and now I think we got a taxi back to our hotel after Glenn's gig - lazy haha)