1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick at RAH

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Shortcake

Shortcake I've got a zappy little nappy

We're going.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else????????????????

:hurray:

2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Woo hoo! I'll be the one in the purple party dress and feather boa 7 rows from the stage! :17::54::m3:

3. scotpaulabear

URGENT - Nick on stage at 7:15pm!!!

Doors are at 6:30, and yes the tickets originally said 7:30 start but the times have been moved forward so Nick's going on at 7:15. So be there, or miss it! He should be on about 45 mins, so a proper lovely opening set. So proud of our kid :hurray:

PLEASE PASS THIS ON!!

4. Shortcake

Where did you hear that?

5. scotpaulabear

I have my very reliable sources. :wink: Let's just say I'm sure it's true!

6. Shortcake

What reliable sources? Why the secrecy! It's not what the Albert is saying. We picked up our tickets 2 hours ago and they gave us all the timings and they said Nick was on 7.30. Where's the PR, Linn must know for definite. I don't want to miss anything but got to wait for a friend who won't get there before 7.30.

7. scotpaulabear

I was passed the info from Nick today for the Myspace site. I wouldn't make it up, just didn't think it would be an issue how I found out. Wasn't trying to be coy or owt.

8. Shortcake

Its annoying when you've bought tickets on the basis of a performance starting at a certain time and been told that by the box office. May not matter to others but one of our friends is coming on train that is booked and it was cutting it fine before but now she and probably me too will miss nearly half Nicks set. And why hes not doing Buxton tonight? Seems like a lot of changes at last minute

9. scotpaulabear

Sorry but I honestly don't know why the changes, I just got the message and figured I'd better pass it on ASAP! Maybe after Northampton the Levs needed more time for their set... really, I don't know any more. And that sucks about the timings...

(please don't shoot the messenger :bored: )

10. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I blame it all on Mercury having turned retrograde on Wednesday.:biggrin: It's funny but you DO notice more things going awry when it does, particularly communications going astray or delayed, and mechanical and technical problems.

After Nick tomorrow, there *should* be a break then the Levs 8.25 - 9.15. Interval. Then Levs back 9.45 - approx 10.45.

But don't hold me to it. Rough guideline only!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  11. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Ooh .. that gives us some time to go to the bar and drink bulmers at £7 a pint .... or maybe not !!

12. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

Have a great time - the Albert Hall is a fantastic place for gigs - went and saw The Cure their last year - managed to get seats in the choir overloooking the stage - fantastic.

Have fun

xxx

13. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

latest updatest from Paulabear!

Temple, wanderer. Evo 38, sleeper cell, field of the cloth, real life, trev, our house ( can song with lilly) wow!

14. Shortcake

it was a fantastic show! Nick really did well. And when he announced that he was repeating what had happened there with his dad 38 years ago and then brought on his daughter to sing Our House...she did so well too...well it was just awesome, and then at the end he just left the stage. Just like that! We were so panicked that we'd miss him, but he didn't get on until nearly 7.35. I suppose getting people there earlier was a good point. Lovely lovely night.:cheers2:

15. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

16. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Haha... that's me saying "What?" in a confused way at the end as I didn't hear what El had said :biggrin:

What a great concert. As I have said on the podcast (not out just yet) I felt the guitar sound was quite bad but Nick's voice was in perfect fettle. And, the Levellers really were very fine indeed.

17. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Was Dave/Griff a bit hungover when he put that up? Look at the year!:D

Did you notice the 'Harper & Lily' related vid too - ha!

18. scotpaulabear

I can translate that from text-ese now :biggrin:

Building Our Own Temple
    The Wanderer and His Shadow
    Evo
    38 (the new one)
    Sleeper Cell
    Field of the Cloth of Gold
    Real Life (STUNNING!)
    Treasure Island (fm would remember the 'trevor island' joke from Sleeper Cell at Aldershot)
    ...and then you've all seen the clip (I hope!) of Lily coming on stage to do CSN's Our House with Nick... passing on the family tradition :biggrin:

I'm almost totally unable to post on this gig as I'm still coming down from the high (and the drink LOL). If I were in less of a great mood, I'd agree that the sound could have been better, also Nick seemed nervous and didn't speak very much to the crowd. But STILL! it was awe inspiring and gorgeous, and I hope I got some decent pics that convey the majesty of Nick on that beautiful stage in that amazing room. :m20:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  19. wessexy witch

wessexy witch I've got a zappy little nappy

:angry:

Rubbish.
    I wanted to go.

:angry:

20. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Yeah!

And sorry me!

andi :( :angry: