1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick at RAH

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Feb 12, 2008.

1. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

So what happened to real life. Thought it was in the txt pb, and it was.

2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Umm, I can't type - will be corrected in my earlier post :blushing:

3. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

That was a brilliant clip. Very touching. Thanks to Dave for getting it on video...:)

4. critch

grr. The clip isn't iPhone compatible.

5. scotpaulabear

I just realized I'm letting the side down by failing to add:

a) Fashion report (slight return)! :wink: Black button down shirt, looked patterned (maybe striped?) and black trousers, didn't look like jeans. Will go back and re-examine photos for shoe evidence. Hair very smart! Maybe he did get that hair roadie after all :wink:

b) He came onstage with the Levs during their first set and played electric for about 30 seconds :wink: I'm finding out the name of the song... he ran offstage afterwards through the band, with Chadwick namechecking him as he fled :D

6. critch

thanks for that fashion report. If you could get back about the shoes asap... :)

What was the levellers' fans' reaction to the gig? ( is that grammar right there?did fm teach me anyfing? )

7. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well unless Nick's gig was piped through to the bars ... then I doubt many levellers fans will have heard him !!

8. scotpaulabear

And the ones who did on the forum I'm on... well, let's just say they didn't love it and leave it at that :bored:

BTW, the Levs song where he played electric was "Lowlands of Holland". And I don't know if I even have a shoe pic so my apologies Critch :wink: When I ran into Nick at the merch desk, I was too happy for him (and slightly pissed!) to look at his feet LOL...

9. critch

So was it full? What was the atmos like? Was lilly nervous? Any string breaks?

10. scotpaulabear

I can post more (with photos tonight) but a) the crowd was kinda sparse but not bad, maybe 1/4-1/3 in, didn't look so bad on the ground level, b) the room sounded AMAZING and the lighting behind Nick (on the pipe organ if you know the room) was magical, hopefully my pics will show that, c) if Lily was nervous you wouldn't really know it, she's a star in the making :biggrin: and d) not a string break at all, the playing never got quite that fierce!

11. scotpaulabear

Thanks to Metway Steve from the Levs crew...
    http://www.egigs.co.uk/index.php?a=12512

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] As we make our way to our seats, the vaulted ceilings, comfortable chairs and the multi-tiered vistas of our surroundings divert my attention from tonights support. I have seen Nick Harper a few times in recent years and although I am impressed with his technical abilities, I still find it difficult to warm to his music. As the set reaches his finale, he invites his daughter Lilly on to the stage for a duet. He tells us that this is a family tradition as he once sat on his father Roy's lap at this very venue. Together Nick and Lilly Harper sing the Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young song 'Our House'. Her voice is very sweet and compliments his light fret work perfectly.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

12. scotpaulabear

My pics from the night are here
    I think this one is my fave though - sends a shiver down my back just looking at how lovely it looked in there, it all went by too quickly... :bored:

[​IMG]

13. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Jon and some of the band/crew were up on that tier to the left of Nick's head watching some of his set.

(Pedants corner: In that eGigs review, shouldn't it be 'Her voice is very sweet and COMPLEMENTS...'?:conehead:)

14. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

that photo

......................and what a massive organ that is

15. critch

That Paula, is one QUALITY photograph! Could you send me a nick signed A2 copy framed? :d Or else I suppose the JPEG on e myther will do...

16. scotpaulabear

I can't manage the sig, unless you want a forgery :wink: so will you txt to remind me about that please? You know I'm a div when it comes to remembering stuff :blushing:

17. HarperPR

Paula, I wondered if you may have one or two of Nick @ RAH images that you wouldn't mind being used with an online review?

(As always, I ask for photo credits but the eds don't often give them...:closedeyes:)

18. scotpaulabear

Sure, it's all good for the cause...

Go ahead and save a few off the Photobucket album (make sure to go to the full size version before you save them) - photo credit would be preferred, do tell me if they end up anywhere ta.

19. HarperPR

Thanks, Paula!

Just one thing.....has anyone done a review?:D

Has there been anything sighted bar the eGigs mention?

20. DJ Burnham

DJ Burnham I've got a zappy little nappy

Thanks Marcie, I'm glad it came out reasonably enough to give a taste of how good Lily was. Funny at the end when you can hear El Rose say, 'Paul, is going to be the Roy, Nick and Lily Stormcock website now?'
    I'm going to try to upload '38' today.
    TTFN
    Dave