1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick at the Bear, Marlborough - Sat 26 March 2011

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by scotpaulabear, Mar 1, 2011.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

2. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I went to a gig there once! Paula may remember me posting photos on a certain forum peeps may remember! I shall dig them out... maybe...! It was really really hot mid-summer, and must have been about 35deg+ in the pub, so Nick took us outside for a breather! :)

3. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  4. scotpaulabear

Ah great photo memories! Thanks Critch :biggrin:

5. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I was there!! Good times. And what a scorcher of a day. Al was with you as I recall? Remembered him when we did meet properly with you, as I think at this only knew your name from forum.

6. scotpaulabear

According to Harperspace, this gig is FREE. Just the price I like :D

7. Moth

Moth I've got a zappy little nappy

Ayup - long time no....

Great gig. About 2 hours worth. :D One new song (to us, tho having not been around, it may be well known around here!) related to the Avebury do - on 1st hearing I liked it a lot.

Opened with 'Simple', others I can remember in no particular order:
    Story of My Heart
    Passing Chord
    Hey Bomb
    Verse that Time Forgot
    Love Junky
    Blue Sky Thinking
    Evo
    Blood Song
    Aforementioned Avebury song
    By My Rocket
    Treasure Island
    Sunshine
    Radio Silence
    Galaxy Song
    Encore: Freestyle and Titties & Beer.

(May possibly have played The Last Guitar, but we were listening to it on the way home & neither us are 100% sure.)

love

Moth

8. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

We were there for a bit ... but didn't really get into the gig, as we were knackered !! We had done a walk in the afternoon to get an idea of the terrain for the July walk - we did 10 miles in 3.5 hours - the kinda pace we'll need to do the 20 miler in - and standing in a red hot room watching the gig; we just were not with it !! Slightly worryingly, because if we do the 20 miler - personally I can't see us being at all interested in the gig afterwards !!

So we left at 10:30pm ( would have been good if Nick had come on a bit ealier ) - but at least we got to to see one new song "Juicy Fruit Girl" !!

9. Moth

Moth I've got a zappy little nappy

Somehow I didn't spot you Chris! Also somehow forgot Juicy Fruit Girl even tho I really liked it!

(Haveta admit we'd also have appreciated him starting a bit earlier coz we'd had a long day too, and arrived really early....)

love

Moth