1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ BOMFest

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, May 23, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Full line-up to be confirmed after Bank Hol. Dave (the organiser) has some radio interviews coming up and we're hoping we may get a track of Nick's included. All locals keep an eye on the press too for mentions.

*Someone* has put notices out on the Yorkshire Forum under Barnsley events, likewise the Sheffield forum. Don't know whether many look at them, but still...

I just hope that seeing as the Levellers are doing a free festival the same day not that far away in Doncaster that there's not too much competition. But at least Chris will be there I'm sure!:)

2. HarperPR

BOM-Fest 2008

Locke Park, Barnsley

12midday - 10pm
    £5 advance, £10 gate

Ten hours of music across five stages.

Nick will headline in the Acoustic Marquee, with Tom Hingley and the Lovers on the Main Stage and Celt Islam on the Urban Stage. Other artists appearing include G.U. Medicine, The Headliners, Katus, Del Fuego, The Delicateers - and more.

http://www.bomfest.com
    http://www.myspace.com/bomfest

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

I'm sure the chances are great that if I want to see both Tom Hingley and Nick that they'll be on at exactly the same time but I'm willing to take that chance :m3: indeed, I will be joining Big Chris for the festivities plus there are at least 2 other friends I've convinced to come, and that's just the beginning :biggrin: WOOT!

4. HarperPR

Don't know if anyone has caught any of the radio stuff that the BOMFest guys have been doing? but they've certainly well name-checked their headliner!:)

Hope as many of as poss will be joining us for this. Should be a great day - the inevitable unpredictability of the weather permitting of course.

5. HarperPR

6. Uriel

Uriel I've got a zappy little nappy

Just popping in to say I may be going to BOMFest, just in the process of seeing who I can drag along.

Have been in hiding for several months while writing MSc Thesis but it's nice to get out once in a while. Am likely to re-emerge properly in September.

7. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Excellent! Come say hello, I'll probably be near Big Chris (all 6'8" of him) so you can't miss us :biggrin:

8. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Should i come to this? I'll check my bank balance. But who's going? Where are people staying? Etc, etc!

9. HarperPR

Yes, you should go!

It's not terribly far to drive is it?

Nick has the stage from 8.20 and will be off at 10.

I can also tell you that there will be a CD available on the day with a track from all participating artists. So if you like some of the other bands playing, you might want to grab a copy (only 1000 being pressed). I think most will probably already have Nick's song! But if you're someone who wants a full collection of everything he's appeared on, well it'll be another to add.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  10. HarperPR

Meeting Point

Looking at the layout, for those meeting people a good location point may be the Information Point. This is situated on the borders of Zones C,D & B, near enough in the centre and near the Acoustic Stage where Nick will be playing.

11. HarperPR

Listen in to BBC Radio Sheffield tonight, 7 - 9pm, to hear more about BOMFest and what will be going on on Saturday.

12. Uriel

Just a word of warning to those travelling from further afield.

The M1 is being closed from 9pm tonight between junction 36 and 37 in both directions. http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Night-closure-for-new-M1.4303300.jp

If you didn't know already those two junctions are the best ones for getting to BOMfest. Marvellous eh?

13. HarperPR

Thanks, David. Closed till when? Have told Nick as it will affect him - but at least he'll have done the gig!

14. Uriel

Closed until 9am the following morning by the looks of things.