1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ Boscombe Fair - Sep 5

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Jun 11, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

New date for the diary in Bournemouth.

2. HarperPR

And, just to add, the Boscombe Community Festival (to give it its full title) which is held in Kings Park is FREE! Plus, there are several other artists who'll be appearing well worth a listen.

3. HarperPR

Boscombe is still very fair, but is now SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 6.

And, to make it extra special for all those who like a bit of a dance, the mighty Dreadzone are now also confirmed!

4. wessexy witch

wessexy witch I've got a zappy little nappy

:52:
    Arsecakes.
    I'll be in London.
    Bugger !
    :cuss:

could of taken me dad.

5. HarperPR

Latest update:

Whilst the Fair runs from 5 - 7 with Nick on on the 6th, Dreadzone will not be on on the 6th.:angry:

Other acts confirmed for 6th include Ten to Never, The 68 Special, Adsono, Genaro Proj, Four O, Voodoo Vegas, My Broken 101, Mercury Sound and a band called S*?* (in case pd has me for swearing...:D).

Entrance is £3 per day. Sounds like a bargain to me!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  6. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Where's boscome?

7. critch

Found it. Couldn't see the wood for the trees there.

8. HarperPR

Boscombe - with a B!

And it's got a dog show - that will please KayJay!:biggrin:

Attached Files:

9. HarperPR

Boscombe Sep 6

Now for a three quid - yes, just £3! - can you afford to miss this.

Latest time I have been given for Nick is a 10pm on stage, with roughly an hour's set...er, barring mishaps, of course. :biggrin:

10. HarperPR

11. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

From the website :

Well I've been following Nick for twenty years and I have never heard him being called that ?!? I thought that's what they call Glen Tilbrook ?!?

12. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

13. HarperPR

Running order for the 3 days now up here. Nick still on at 10pm as given before.

http://www.myspace.com/boscombecommunityfairuk

14. critch

Well you can ask....! :)

15. HarperPR

A bit of a review here from Boscombe on Saturday.

It was a dark and stormy night….well dark it certainly was, and though not so much stormy, it was darned wet and very very muddy! Didn’t catch many of the bands who were on the two stages, but of those I saw on the main stage before Nick Genaro Project I enjoyed, Adsono were slightly Dreadzone-ish and whipped the crowd up. Ten to Never did a good little set too. Long Time Dead on the Other Stage were another I liked.

So, to Nick. He got on stage and started off with By My Rocket (with a bit of re-tuning first) and then went into Aeroplane. It was a pretty fast kick-off, but I think it needed these rather than something like There Is No Truth…to settle the crowd down (large pockets of talkers for the early part of set). Beautiful Days followed, but by then problems had set in. “I’ve only got 4 strings working, so I’ll try and see if this one works”, he said, before starting on Blue Sky Thinking. He managed to complete the song, but it was tough going.

However, by this time Romin, who some may know from Mr Kyps and/or recognise from Nick’s DVD, and whose band Ten to Never had been on just before Nick and still had their equipment to the side, sprung into action. Out came his own guitar – another Lowden, but a much lighter, slimmer model – which he handed over to Nick.

I think it took a bit of getting used to, but he still managed admirably with Simple, Guitar Man, Love Junky, The Galaxy Song (calling for the smoke to be passed up at the end of this from the front row: “I need to calm down a bit”…) and finishing with Love Is Music.

Did he break a string? Of course, he did! Right after the Headless segue. I think this was one time when he probably wished it had happened after a song and not during when he could have done the poem, because coming where it did and with a strange guitar it took him twice as long as usual. But it was sterling stuff.

It was rather weird seeing him play without his old ‘mouseholed’ Lowden. The sound was different (the sound overall from the desk and amps was a bit middling too: there was a pocket in the centre at the front where it was pretty quiet). The light effect was a bit hard for photos (especially from an old amateur like me), flashing from red to dark to white light and trying to catch him in between (and hold a bag, pen, notebook, glass at the same time because the ground was so wet and muddy you couldn’t put anything down) wasn’t easy.

first two: spot the difference!:D
    third: Nick and a 'friend'!:wink:
    fourth: The man who saved the show, Romin (on the far right) together with the rest of Ten to Never.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  16. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

God, it's weird seeing that :confused1: like it was weird the first time he played the 'new' Lowden...

For those of you who want a trip down Memory Lane, here's a 2002 pic of the early 2000s model Lowden, of 'someone's been bashing the feck out of this guitar' fame :wink:

[​IMG]