1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ Bristol Folk House - May 28 2011

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Dec 26, 2010.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Saturday May 28 2011

Bristol Folk House
    Park Street
    Bristol BS1 5JG

7.30pm

£10

2. wessexy witch

wessexy witch I've got a zappy little nappy

Nick @ Folk House last night..

Not happy with the folk at The Folk House.

Firstly,the gig should of been in "The Big Room".
    It wasn't.
    It was in The Cafe.
    The gig should of been very popular.
    It was,packed.
    In The Cafe.
    It should of been in The Big Room.
    They were turning people away.
    No paying on the door.
    They said it was sold out.
    It wasn't.
    The Cafe has a bar in it.
    It was very noisy.
    It should of been in The Big Room
    People talking and going to the bar constantly.
    Marking chairs with coats then not actually being in the room when Nick was playing.
    Feral Child (Puckle Head) constantly walking on "the stage area",interupting Nick,pestering the audience,playing on fire escape,hanging by finger tips over the outside wall.
    Should of been in bed.
    Drunks on the fire escape/balcony talking to birthday boy and laughing while Nick was talking about Mum in The Hospice.
    Should of shown respect.
    Me shutting them out on the fire escape/balcony.
    I should of twatted them.

Gig totally spoilt for me.
    Sorry Nick.
    You held your temper (few little snidey digs from The Dev) very well and I respect you for that, but I'm sorry to say I won't be seeing anymore of your gigs (or anyone elses) at The Folk House in Bristol.

The Folk House can Folk Off.

:angry:

3. wessexy witch

69 views and no comments ?

What is wrong with you lot ?

Do I have The Lurgy or summut ?

I know I haven't posted for a long time,but hey,aren't you my mates anymore ??

:confused1:

4. Roydan

Roydan Computer stained fingers

I just don't think anybody is surprised. I do feel your pain though, I was in a similar situation at a Festival a couple of years back. While Nick was on the Festival Commitee decided to have a big bust up at the back of the room, people chatting everywhere and just general disrespect. Where as the year before it was a corker! So you bring your mates "hey come and check Nick out". Then fall flat on your arse. True pro he is though, he battles on.

5. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Hi WW, am on hols at the moment! Am really sorry to hear this :bored: it sucks when any musician gets dissed, and obviously when it's someone we think is great and we have to be there it's even worse :bored:

Can I merge this thread with the previous Folk House announcement thread so people just look at one thread for the info, would you mind WW?

6. wessexy witch

I don't mind it being moved. Praps then others might be interested.

7. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Thanks WW :biggrin: Hope I see you at a gig soon? One NOT at the Folk House!!

8. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Yep! Sadly and unfortunately it's become the norm for some people to act like retards at gigs, watching Nick at Academy Manchester the other Saturday wasn't quite as bad as the Bristol Rabble, but one couple's conversation was getting louder and louder so we could actually hear them above the music. Eventually myself and a few others had to tell them to shut up. It happened for a few songs, definitely the height of bad manners and disrespect in my book!

9. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Blimey what an angry witch. She sounds scary!
    Also, her writing style is very primary school-influenced. ;-)
    Wouldn't like to meet her in a dark alley, or anywhere else really.

Love

Pete

10. wessexy witch

Bet you would !
    As long as you remember the Safe Word,you'll be fine.

:wink:

11. dotjay

dotjay I've got a zappy little nappy

I was at this gig, too. No, I wasn't Puckle Head. :)

Completely agree that the gig shouldn't have been in the cafe area – the other room would have been far more appropriate. The kid was a tad annoying, but well, he's just a kid, and at least he provided a bit of fodder for Nick. Not quite sure why he was there.

I was right at the front, so thankfully, I missed the chatter going on at the back. I did think the guy who asked Nick to play Happy Birthday – AGAIN – was a pain in the backside, but Nick handled it well, and I still enjoyed the evening.

If anybody's interested, I posted the set list up online.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011