1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ Celtic Connections, Glasgow, w/Duke Special 22/1/09

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by scotpaulabear, Oct 21, 2008.

1. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Does this mean that those of us going to the Brighton gigs are really only getting two halves of one gig but for twice the price? :tongue_smilie:

2. riceyboy

riceyboy Guest

Sounds like an awesome night (he says with green eyes and heavy hint of jealousy as he thinks back to babysitting 4 kids last night!).

Re your Rufus quote, that's exactly what my mate, who reviews for The Herald said and i think he's included it in his review to be published on Monday.

3. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Yeah great policy that ... but I know I have no right in complaining ( cos I was on the guest list to see Gavin ) ... but as far as I could tell everyone was abiding by thr rule ... except a couple that were your mates (Ian) ... in that you bought them a drink half way through gavs set ( bloke wearing a brown t-shirt ) but he and his lass were talking all the way through gavs set !!

4. intimate gigs

intimate gigs I've got a zappy little nappy

Bugger!

His name is Mike. I honestly didn't hear them talking and he should know better as he is part of our committee. He is also a massive Nick fan.

Being at the mixing desk I don't hear much as I'm concentrating on the sound, but I didn't hear anyone talking.

I will deal with him in a swift and effective manner.

5. intimate gigs

6. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

7. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Iain, who is Carluke Dave, someone you know? I like one of them. Would he let me snaffle for pub purposes? I see they are (c)'d.

Did your piece appear in the C&AA?

8. intimate gigs

Here you go...

Hi Linn. He is employed by the festival, but he has a website that you can contact him through. http://www.davetaylorphotography.com

He also has a myspace. http://www.myspace.com/davetaylorphotography

Only a small piece went into the ACC due to a local act (Martin & James) signing a major deal and another local act (Hip Parade) making it to the final of the Orange Unsigned, so Nick got pushed out I'm afraid.

9. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

10. riceyboy

riceyboy Guest

Hi,

I must confess to knowing the reviewer. I think it's not bad all things considered and to be fair Nicks set did include elements of at least 5 other well known songs.

I only wish he had reviewed the Coatbridge gig it sounds awesome.

If it's any consolation my Nick collection has been requested by the aforementioned reviewer as he liked what he heard.

11. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

YAY :biggrin: Yeah, like I said I still thought the review was good, and yeah there were a lot of covers proportionally so fair do's. :wink: