1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick dates for 2008

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by dave w, Nov 22, 2007.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

It's the wanderer in my soul :D

I'm waiting to see how finances are after Christmas before I decide what I do about gigs, especially with a trip home now in late March... but Manchester is tempting, damnit.

2. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Oooohhhh! I'm going to Manchester I fink! *singing to the tune of treasure island* come on down, come on dooowwwwnnnn, come oooonnnn down!

*Critch apolgises for his singing voice!

3. scotpaulabear

No need to apologise. :D
    First priority though is the tunnels gig - I'm trying to butter up Big D (as it's his holiday week) with a trip to Liverpool and a visit to the Beatles sights therein... :wink:

4. critch

Well I'd see you at the tunnels then! I've still not been round the beatles museum. And at present, they're concreting the last remaining green spots in the city - chevasse park, opposite the albert dock. Damn B*****ds. These civil engineers.... Well it's not their fault really (in my defence! lol!) It's the damn councils. Anyways, the whole city seems to be a building site. Liv John Moores is building a new place half way up brownlow hill, and Liv Uni is recladding all its buildings with scafolding... there's the brand new *huge* shopping centre in as I mentioned *on* chevasse park (b*****ds!) so it's shocking really at the moment....

I guess what I'm saying is just don't expect edinburgh!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  5. scotpaulabear

Hey it's cool, I've been! I loved the Tate at the docks. Been drinking at the Philharmonic, what a beautiful Victorian pub. And I haven't ferried cross the Mersey, yet...

6. critch

You liked the tate? I went round there on Sunday with Fozzwick. I have to say, it was very nearly divorce! It was all these modern art works...

I have come to the conclusion (I'm not anti-art, just modern art!) that the reality is the artists have figured out that it isn't to do with skill or ability or vision, or insight, it's to do with money. The more obscure, hidious, graphic, etc a piece is, the more publicity it gets and the more money it sells for. That in my view isn't art!

7. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

New date added

The Stables at Milton Keynes is now confirmed for Thursday March 6.

8. HarperPR

Stop wittering!:D

9. Mia

Mia I've got a zappy little nappy

Not really any that close on this tour for me, except maybe Aldershot. Like Paula, will have to wait a bit and see how the finances look in January.

10. scotpaulabear

Really wanted to bring my American friend who's over to a gig (more virgin sacrifice haha), but the only one she could do now is Aldershot, and she's already got flights from Edinburgh back to Boston really early next morning :( It's a shame cos I love the West End Centre!

Sir Dim (from t'old board) is trying to talk me into Penzance and Exeter but that seems like wishful thinking :p

11. critch

How is the legend that is "Sir" Dim?

12. scotpaulabear

Selling lots of booze for the festive season then getting ready to promote the Exeter gig like crazy! :D

13. critch

Reply put in wibble!

14. LAdrain

LAdrain I've got a zappy little nappy

Nicks Tour

I see Nick is in Chester on 11th Feb.

Does anyone now the time when Nick will be on stage?

15. HarperPR

9.15 - 9.30 approx.

16. LAdrain

LAdrain I've got a zappy little nappy

Thanks,
    I will be passing Chester on that date about 6:30pm. I need to see what I can do for 3 hours??

17. HarperPR

Head for Telford's! They do good food there, and don't forget there will be a support on from around 8.15.

And should you feel like doing a little review of the gig too....! See posts elsewhere for sites to put up.

18. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Other lineups at same venue.....

Stackridge
    Blockheads

Christ they're all reappearing out of the woodwork these days!

andi

19. HarperPR

Keep watch on Saturday March 8...

20. scotpaulabear

TBA! Bloody hell, and the flyers just done too! :confused1:
    Hmmmm, is it bigger than a breadbox... :w00t: