1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick: guitar workshop & gig, Isle of Man - 28/29 Jan 2011

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Sep 23, 2010.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Friday January 28 2011

Guitar & Songwriting Workshop with Nick Harper
    Peter Norris Music
    39 Finch Road
    Douglas
    Isle of Man IM1 2PW

7.30pm - 9pm

Only 30 places available

Tickets will be available shortly (October) via
    http://www.eTickets.im/jp.

The cost of the workshop will be £10 (with a £5 refund on the night of the workshop for gig ticket holders)

Saturday January 29 2011

Nick Harper + The Twigs in concert
    Douglas Villa Marina & Gaiety Complex
    Harris Promenade
    Douglas
    Isle of Man IM1 2HH

8pm

Tickets £17.50 via
    http://www.villagaiety.com/eventinfo.aspx?ID=1340

The promoter has kindly arranged some travel packages for the weekend with a local agent, Regency Travel – some example prices below for two nights (Athol House is a decent basic B&B about 2 minutes walk from the gig venue).

Flying – Easyjet Liverpool to Isle of Man (including baggage) 28th Jan – 2 Nights Athol House (Broadway) on Bed & Breakfast basis. From £149 per person based on 2 sharing.

Ferry – Heysham to Douglas as foot passenger 28th Jan – 2 Nights Athol House (Broadway) on Bed & Breakfast basis. From £99 per person based on 2 sharing. To book travel/for more options (3 nights/different hotel/different airport, etc.), email sales@regencytravelholidays.com or call 01624 694455 and mention “JonnoPromotions”

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  2. fuzzytnth3

fuzzytnth3 Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Nah ha didn't spot this post till now silly me.

Guitar workshop with Nick would be amazing if a tad daunting. Never been to Man before so that would be another first. Only thing that concerns me is maybe getting there as the weather can be challenging that time of year.

3. HarperPR

Ah, you found it, Fuzzy, just read your message at other place and was coming here to point out!

I thought same about January, but is their weather not a bit akin to Channel Isles, ie a bit more clement?

4. fuzzytnth3

Yeah I think you are right seeing as Man is surrounded by sea I would think it is less prone to getting snowed in. Whereas Fife in Scotchland has been known to come to a grinding halt particularly last winter when they ran out of grit for the roads.

Fingers crossed I still have a job come January (Architecture business is grim at the mo') but if I do then Isle of Man would be a fantastic trip in every sense of the word :biggrin:

5. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

This..

This does sound interesting /daunting! Nick seeing me as a sober student!

Wattersons come from IOM / Ireland and may be some ancient ancestry to purview also.

Please let us know full details but definitely interested, and, yes the weather could be interesting!

andi

6. fuzzytnth3

Just had a look on Flickr and there are bizzilions (well 73) of snowy photos of Isle of Man linkeroo oops :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  7. HarperPR

Looks very pretty :)

8. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Looks like the gig details have been confirmed - they showed up on Ents24 today :biggrin:

Douglas Villa Marina & Gaiety Theatre Complex, Douglas, Isle of Man
    with special guests The Twigs
    Saturday 29 January 2011
    More event details:
    http://www.ents24.com/web/event/Nic...-Marina-&-Gaiety-Theatre-Complex-2229559.html
    http://www.jonnopromotions.com/viewevent.php?eid=166 (not yet updated)

And the workshop details should be posted here soon (for the 28th):
    http://www.jonnopromotions.com/viewevent.php?eid=167

9. aspwatterson

IOM costs

The costs of this wonderful enterprise start mounting up unfortunately making me reconsider the whole thing. Return trains Liverpool / Basingstoke £78 [flying costs £90 return plus transport to/ from airports]; Ferry costs £50; Bed & breakfast £28 per night; entrance monies etc. etc.. Might wait till he does similar one in Marlboro' oneday?!

Hey! Perhaps someone will sponsor me to go! Or f**k off!

andi

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  10. HarperPR

Friday January 28 2011

Guitar & Songwriting Workshop with Nick Harper

Peter Norris Music
    39 Finch Road
    Douglas
    Isle of Man IM1 2PW

7.30pm - 9pm

Saturday January 29 2011

Nick Harper + The Twigs in concert

Douglas Villa Marina & Gaiety Complex
    Harris Promenade
    Douglas
    Isle of Man IM1 2HH

8pm

Note: For full details see first post in this thread - just to keep it simple like!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  11. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I love whoa-MAN!

Second post today in a long while, and I'm only getting more insanely envious of my pals across the pond! The only way to relieve this stress would be for Nick to support Roy for a month-long 70th b-day celebration over here!

Just trying to start an insane rumor!:D

12. shlaptop

shlaptop I've got a zappy little nappy

Anyone got a ticket for this?

The ticket agency webstie doesn't seem to work for the guitar workshop.
    Sounds amazing and would love to go; not sure why Nick's doing it so far from home but ..to hell with it..I'll get there somehow!!
    Only 30 places!!

13. HarperPR

I have edited my previous post - ticket site will work eventually!

Hope you can make it - a good opportunity to learn from the master (we will have a workshop content breakdown available shortly) and then see him in action.

And for everyone - also see my last post which gives further details on travel packages etc.

14. aspwatterson

Based on two sharing? That's a problem! Has been all my life!

Andi

15. HarperPR

16. HarperPR

Don't forget, limited places on the workshop - and tickets selling fast for this and the show the following night.

17. fuzzytnth3

Sad to say I can't do this now, cos I went and bought a guitar so no spare cash!

18. Jonno

Jonno I've got a zappy little nappy

Hi Andi - Jonno here (aka The Promoter) - am sure the travel agent will be able to get you a deal on accommodation ... end of January ain't exactly peak season in the Isle of Man ... :wink:

19. Jonno

Jonno I've got a zappy little nappy

Thanks Linn ...

A £5 per ticket cash rebate will be available to holders of gig tickets and workshop tickets for the Nick Harper Weekend (both tickets must be for the same weekend and must be shown to Jonno at the workshop on the Friday to get the rebate).

http://www.jonnopromotions.com

20. HarperPR