1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ Hare & Hounds, Birmingham - Mar 6 2010

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Dec 6, 2009.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  2. HarperPR

3. HarperPR

Delighted above and beyond delight to announce that the very special guest for this date will be...VIJAY KISHORE.

4. HarperPR

We could be having a second support here. Not yet confirmed. But either way take it as read this one is going to go off, so get your tickets quick smart before they go!

5. landells

landells I've got a zappy little nappy

Got an email saying my tickets have been dispatched today so I had a wee blast of Instrumental by way of a celebration

:m8:

Very much looking forward to it

6. HarperPR

Cool. Is your good lady coming too? Be sure to get there to see Vijay. You won't regret it!

General note. There is only the one support.

7. landells

Yeah, she'll be there

Will make sure we arrive in time for Vijay

:)

8. wessexy witch

wessexy witch I've got a zappy little nappy

Yes,I'll be there.
    I fly the broomstick !

:biggrin:

9. HarperPR

A few tickets still remaining here. Excellent chance to see two first class guitarists on the same bill. And dare I say, Vijay can even reach a vocal note or two above Nick!

10. HarperPR

What can I say? Really, what can I...umm, well it was a two hour plus set of 18 songs, including a 15 minute Temple. Good crowd who listened attentively with just a little banter. Funny moments thrown in and the, what is now becoming legendary, David Cameron quote!
    But that was just a part of the show. There was so much packed in it and many fine moments.

The new album sold exceedingly well, and one man bought that and asked me to choose another 3 as well for him.

Linn's only faux pas was when a strange, but rather good looking, bloke came up to her and asked whether she knew him. She was racking her brains as to who it might be, when he gave a clue and then removed the hat he was wearing. Mike Last! Well, it was late by that time and he looked so different with facial stubble!

One picture here, taken by my professional photographer friend Ian. There will be a further six of his of Nick along with more of Vijay and Mike to accompany a review that will be up on Birmingham Live next week. The few he showed me looked really good.

http://twitpic.com/171v7p

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  11. HarperPR

Setlist

100 Things
    Shadowlands
    The Wanderer And His Shadow
    Evo
    Hey Bomb
    FOTCOG
    The Story Of My Heart
    Blood Song
    Song Of Madness
    Boy Meets Planet
    Love Junky
    Aeroplane
    Bloom
    The Galaxy Song
    Building Our Own Temple
    One of the 38
    Silly Daddy
    By My Rocket

12. HarperPR

Lastly, thanks to Rach at the Hare and Carlo at Birmingham Promoters for such sterling work. And to Vijay and Mike Dignam - yep, a second support was added late... - for their fine sets.

Nice to catch up again with landells - look forward to seeing your pix too! - and wessexy witch. And of course critch and the delightful Danni, getting her first taste of live Harpic!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  13. landells

Morning

A great gig last night. A brilliant venue and a blinding set from Nick - he played a whole load of songs that I'd never heard live before... arguably the best gig I've seen from him

Anyway, here are a few pics... I'll probably get some more sorted later

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Say No To FWP !!!

Nick Haper Live

14. HarperPR

Is that Jeff on the right in the last one?

15. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hi Peeps!

Great photos there Landells.

Really enjoyed last night's gig - and Danni loved it. In fact, rather than me ranting on about how good it was, it was a welcome change to be the one listening and agreeing (Love you Danni xxxx :D)

Loving 38. Loving Silly Daddy. Still think that Blood Song live is one of the most beautiful songs ever written. Bloom was also nerve tingling. Waiting on Danni to sign up to give us a Hair and Clothes review. I myself don't feel qualified (Sorry Paula!)

And BTW - Hi to everybody. I'm sorry folks that it's been so long since I last posted! I've been busy...very busy...

16. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

LOL! I'll let you off, honey :D So glad Danni loved the gig too! And I do hope we run into each other at a gig this tour... Preston maybe? *hugs*

17. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

It's possible. Easter Weekend is all very busy for me! Hopefully by the 6th though, everything will have settled out - so I might make it up. It'll be tickets on the door I expect. Maybe I should drag my sister... She lives towards that neck of the woods...or maybe not. Probably not her thing. Considering we were brought up in the same house we're remarkably different!

18. landells

Here's another pic (or eight, I suppose)...

[​IMG]

all my Harpic pics can be found here

might actually manage to make it to the Leicester gig :)