1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick Harper - A Journey Into Harperspace!

Discussion in 'General' started by SHAUN I, Feb 28, 2008.

1. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

For all Nick Harper fans, I have eventually got around to setting a new group up on Myspace, if anyone has any suitable photos they would be greatly appreciated, to be included in the group photos. There has been a lot of positive interest so far which coincides very well with the climax of the Dig On Down tour. Special thanks to Moth for allowing me to use his excellent photo collection of Nick's live shows!

Link - http://groups.myspace.com/magnificentg7

2. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

will try and get over there later today and have pix too :D

amor mundi

3. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

You wanna get some more gig reviews up there!:biggrin:

Perhaps if this was up in Nick's Top Friends on his MySpace page, that might also bring a few more fans in.

4. SHAUN I

You're spot on Linn! I would welcome any input from anyone who's a member or who would like to support Nick, up to 370 members now but only 1 post from Ross, it needs a good PR person! :biggrin: Maybe Paula could post a link on Nicks myspace page as you can't add groups as friends..I have put a comment at the top of the group page encouraging people to post topics and bulletins but to no avail. Thanks for the interest Linn.

http://groups.myspace.com/magnificentg7
    http://groups.myspace.com/tomtiddler

5. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

have to sort my firefox prog on my puter as myspace makes safari crash for some strange reason, will put it on my list of things to do and put up my pix and review :D

6. SHAUN I

Appreciate it Hattie, it is a group for hardcore NH fans so if anyone has any decent pictures or articles/reviews or just personal views - favourite albums songs gigs etc. your input will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

7. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

need another 8 hours or so a day!! lol

8. HarperPR

Sounds good! Maybe Paula can put you up and a blog or something...? At the moment Nick's top friends seem to consist only of Paula and 3 others.:biggrin: Although it is a bugger having to wade through them all to make Top. I try and change mine every so often - when time allows!

I think I was the 370th then, Shaun! I couldn't find your original request, so did myself awhile ago.

9. SHAUN I

That would be great Linn, it has generated a lot of interest from "friends" about Nicks music already and I have guided a few on which albums to start with, so it has produced a few converts which is very positive!

Regards Shaun

10. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Oh bugger, yeah that was after it got nuked - going in to fix that now... and will sort out Nick's account joining the group!

11. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Done and dusted! I'll blog the group ASAP.

One thing Shaun, maybe it's my old eyes :blushing: but the black text on blue is slightly hard to read, can you get a different colour for the text or background maybe? It does look really smart though...

12. SHAUN I

Thanks Paula, I'll have a look and try a different colour, I tried a few originally but couldn't get it to look right against the navy background.

Regards Shaun

13. HarperPR

Looks fine to me, Shaun. Lovely colours!:) And those pictures look stunning! I have posted a couple of things, but dashing off shortly so brain a bit fogged for more topics to converse on!

14. HarperPR

Brain clearer :biggrin: but maybe not, as looking at this it appears Nick is a member of his own fans' group?:confused:

Maybe that's how it works, but I thought a mention on his MySpace page as a blog or link would have been more advantageous and encouraged people to the group. Oui? Non?

15. SHAUN I

Yes I have sorted that problem maybe we got some wires crossed alng the way, hopefully Paula can sort something out and we can spread the word to a slightly wider audience.

Thanks for your input Linn!

16. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

just be careful with the points west everest video... i slightly illegally stole that one off the bbc (hence nicks address was edited out etc) hence why it didnt go anywhere official...

im sure the bbc have better things to do than chase you, but its got my name on it... ;)

17. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

:D Well that's ok. Afterall, it was only "slightly"!

18. SHAUN I

Cheers for that, I typed NH on the search option on photobucket so not entirely sure how things stand legally, maybe I'll replace it with another vid from Youtube..:gnorsi:

19. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

its ok.. im not completely paranoid, but it didnt end up originally on myspace because of its slightly illegal origins... it will probably never get noticed, but if you get any bbc legal dept hitting the myspace, then remove it quick...

on a side note.. does anyone know just how many security layers you have to get through to rip video from the bbc... can see where our bloody licence fee is going...

20. SHAUN I

Just in case of any such scenario I have replaced it with a live rendition of Imaginary Friend from the Everest Rocks gig from Kantipur T.V.

Cheers Dim..

Shaun.