1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick Harper at Aldershot February 22nd 2008

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by aspwatterson, Feb 5, 2008.

1. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Anyone going to this Gig?
    Anyone know Aldershot and local watering holes to meet before Gig?
    Do we have to buy tickets beforehand?

andy :confused1:

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I'm not saying if I'm going, Andi. And if I do, I might be in disguise!

3. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Why would you possibly go in disguise? Have you and andi had dealings before? :biggrin:

4. HarperPR

I think he's after a job as my personal stalker - ha! He keeps wanting my pic up here, but I don't want! But maybe I'll my myspace ginger cat up - no one would probably notice the difference and its got far more comments as well!

http://www.myspace.com/harperpr

5. HarperPR

I think he's after a job as my personal stalker - ha! He keeps wanting my pic up here, but I don't want! But maybe I'll my myspace ginger cat up - no one would probably notice the difference and its got far more comments as well!

http://www.myspace.com/harperpr

6. aspwatterson

No flies on me..

Ain't no stalker,
    No mobile walker,
    Just account on me.
    I'm pretty cool,
    If you wanna drool!
    But <you can finish the lyrics!>

aw

7. HarperPR

The Andi rap!

Go man go!

8. aspwatterson

Aldershot just's a shot away!

You never never niggley know but Sir James Page lives not a million light aeons from the Aldershot gig? Has someone got his personal email address to give him a nudge to support Hats off to Nick Harper tour?

aw:biggrin:?

9. Mia

Mia I've got a zappy little nappy

Not bothered if Mr Page is there or not, but we're definitely going to this one and can't wait.

10. HarperPR

Who's volunteering for the gig review?!

11. aspwatterson

Gig review Aldershot

Having been listening to Paul's podcast on Nick I think my gig review would be very short succinct & concise! It would probably go like this :

"Just been blasted away by an acoustic tsunami, and , either going to sell my guitar, give it away, or smash it up; and/or go back to college, buy an effects machine / software, and re-learn how to play the damned thing properly with creativity and have singing lessons urgently"

I can't do a proper review because I don't yet know his music that well but am intent on seriously catching up. See you tonight anyway whoever is going.
    Looking forward to it more than ever! Will be buying ticket at West End's door... hopefully it is not a sell-out?

chrs
    andi:party::cheers2:

12. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Andi - this gig almost ALWAYS sells out - I'd phone them this afternoon to hold a ticket for you! :biggrin:

Have fun tonight guys, I'm sad to be so many miles away :bored:

13. aspwatterson

NH Aldershot

Got my ticket over 100 sold
    aw

14. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Well, how was it? Still sleeping off the hangover? :)

15. aspwatterson

Nick @ Aldershot

I'll have you know that my alcohol intake has been under control since 31st December 2007! You can ask my doctor on dr@bull****.com!! I will be doing a subjective review appraisal of Nick's performance when more time allows, but all I can say that I was very very impressed with the young whipperstringsnapper! Big Chris seems to get bigger everytime I see him! He must seem like a giant to Roy!

aw:)

16. aspwatterson

Nick @ Aldershot-away

I thought Nick this time was actually looking more and more like Roy facially, expression-wise ,singing ranges, mannerisms, mood etc? Anyone else detect it and agree?

Koma,koma,komedia!!! Thread closed! My goodness the hand of God has descended from on high.. the central interlocutor from above who has the audacity to call me a real loony on the bus! But I still love him really and he does an excellent job in removing insanity in this short continuumed space in time...as Roy would say ..'thank you, it's been a wonderful journey'... and Nick who told us this time he had never been happier. Must be all that fresh mountain air!

There's not even a decent hill to climb here in Boringstoke! 'Take me down to the ocean, carry me down to the sea'...heh ! Heh! He! He! I laugh at all the angry children and the unbelieving sheep who act vicariously with plagiarism. Try allegorical satire it's much more fun! Or comedy sketch writing? :w00t:

andisean ;)

17. Mia

Mia I've got a zappy little nappy

It was flipping tastic to see Nick here!!!!:biggrin: the whole Everest trip really does seem to have affected him greatly - as we all heard more than once:biggrin: I would agree though with someone else on here who said at another gig they felt there was a bit TOO much talk. But we still had plenty of songs and he sounded on good form.