1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick Harper namechecked in RFH on Monday by Steven Wilson

Discussion in 'General' started by Catherine, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Catherine

Catherine I've got a zappy little nappy

Evening all,

As a long-time member, but one who has been conspicuous by her absence recently, I was surprised and delighted to hear Nick Harper being namechecked in the Royal Festival Hall on Monday night at the Steven Wilson gig. It's really nice to see two of my favourite artists collaborating.

Mr Wilson (I discovered him in 2005 and rate him very highly), who has just released a rather lovely new album, "The Raven That Refused to Sing", lists Nick in the "thanks" section of the CD booklet, and in an online interview http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/steven-wilson-talks-the-raven-that-refused-to-sing-and-other-stories-570809/5
    he says, talking about the song called The Pin Drop:
    I've listened to it many times since and I can just about see what he is talking about - he certainly sings very differently from how he normally does.

At the gig on Monday, he mentioned Nick before starting The Pin Drop, and also said that Nick had cut a version of that song, and it would be released at some point.

Can't wait! :D

2. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Interesting. Thanks for the info Catherine, will look out for that. I love a lot of Porcupine Tree's stuff but haven't heard the solo material.

Roy gets a mention in Rory McGrath's birdwatching-themed autobiography "Bearded Tit" (towards the end). I recommend this book, very funny and clever stuff. Lots of lovely info about birds :)

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

That's really cool Catherine! :biggrin: I don't know Steven Wilson but will check him out - let us know if you hear more :biggrin:

4. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Just got a text from a mate, who's been reading the current issue of PROG magazine and apparently it mentions in there that one of his new songs was written with Nick's voice in mind !