1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ Heb Bdg Trades Club, May 9

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Feb 20, 2009.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Trades Club
    Holme Street
    Hebden Bridge
    HX7 8EE

8.30pm

£10

B/0: 01422 845265

www.tradesclub.info

Support tba

2. Colin L

Colin L Computer stained fingers

Joy and I had a lovely day in Hebdon Bridge yesterday, which we rounded off going to the Trades Club to buy our tickets for Nick.

3. HarperPR

Hey Colin, look forward to meeting you and Joy tomorrow!:thumbup:

Last night of tour...prepare for a wild one...:biggrin:

4. HarperPR

Nick on at 10pm for anyone on way - but we have a sell out so don't bother if you ain't got a ticket!

Support is Geoff Watson. And he's good!

5. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

I hope it was a good one for everybody. Sadly due to family crisis and stuff I had to miss it - my last chance, Ive not managed to get to see Nick this time:crying:

6. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Awww think you need one of these! :grouphug: Hope everything's okay, and we'll all think good thoughts for festival season :biggrin:

7. HarperPR

It was for me (don't know what Colin thought? I looked for you, but never spotted you, Colin!).

I was hedging my bets on best gig of tour, and this of the dozen or so I took in was it for me!

Two hours-plus, 18 songs (if you count a few bars of Gordon Brown), a light show at times almost rivalling Manc, a Blood Song with added 'we never die...we never die' at end, a Karmageddon which got a standing ovation from part of the room, the best versions of Out Of It, Watching The Stars and In Our Time I have heard this tour (if not ever; the latter complete with audience walk and amp standing) and lots of funny moments, like the woman who called for a kiss and went on stage to collect! The few blokes who did likewise not so lucky.

A fitting end to a long 3 months.

8. Colin L

Hi
    we were at the front, stage right (the table that Nick stood on to play).
    We are lightweights (not literally LOL) went out friday night to the Holmfirth folk festival, too much to drink and too late a night, so it was soft drinks for us both on the Saturday.
    We didn't hang around at the end, just saw Nick at the toilets to say "well done".
    From ear wigging various conversations there were a good number of people seeing Nick the first time.
    - The girl who wanted the kiss being one I presume, her calls for "same old rock" got a bit tiresome, which Nick ignored well.
    Heard some guys in the toilet saying - "I've seen his Dad 3 times, but he's even better"

9. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

Thanks Paula, things at home are stressful and on going at the moment, but looking forward to next weekend for now :hurray:

10. wriggers

wriggers I've got a zappy little nappy

Hebden Bridge Trades club

guilty as sin

I was among the group who saw Nick for the first time on Saturday

Yes we had seen his Dad 3 times and can confirm that what we saw was exceptional and certainly won't be the last time we turn out to see more of the same

I can now see why people say he has difficulty capturing studio tracks to match his live performances.

It was a double wammy in that we will also be keeping an eye on whats on at the Trades club up t' valley so Live music wins which if I remember rightly Nick alluded to on the night

Went into work on Monday and was talking to one of the girls and she was taught by Nick's Mum small world eh?

an old cricketer returning to the crease

11. HarperPR

Hi wriggers

Glad your first time was on such a good night!

You weren't one of the posse from Leeds way that I was talking to, sitting at the back by merch table were you?

12. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Nfa

Christ she wriggles around don't she? Our little salamander.The Sargasso GPS got nothing on her. Now pussy in Leeds. Am trying to write a poem funny enough about NH using 38 different addresses like our politicians to claim expenses. Slippery things eels.

c/a :willy_nilly:

PS Interesting nobody's mentioned NH's outburst in Putney 2 about JC? I'm not saying anything! No fatwahs on me please!

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  13. wriggers

guilty as sin again

yep again that was us :reddevil:

the suffering you have to go through for art
    my backside has only just recovered from perching on the end of the piano

overheard & quoted now spotted and recognised all in one evening must get out more

14. Colin L

Hi Wriggers,
    hope my ear wigging of your conversation and quoting it didn't offend.

I have some piccies on my camera from York, Huddersfield and Hebdon Bridge,but I'm struggling to download them at the moment. When i do I'll post them???? is there a place on here? if not I'll do it on facebook.
    liked the new songs 38?and Son Shine?

15. HarperPR

ah, you were the one sitting next to me (in the dark!)? Believe me, having stood for many of the shows until my back was killing me, that bench was heaven!

Glad to make your acquaintance again.

16. HarperPR

Put them on here in each gig thread, or on Flickr or Facebook with link. Up to you. Be nice to see them. You had good view at the Bridge at least - do you know how dark it was at the back?! I had to use my phone for light because no one could see to look at the CDs or sign the mailing lists.

Btw, what did you think of the opener, Geoff Watson? I thought he was darned good; was impressed. He was telling me he supported Jan Akkerman on his last dates here, and that he thought Roy may have been there (?) for the London date as he found a nice comment on his mail list.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  17. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Or, if you're a blog-type person you could put them into a blog post at the parent site of these forums (www.stormcock.net) - Look for the "my blog" link. There's an images button on the editor panel and if you don't have somewhere else to host them you can upload them to my server through the "browse server" option. If you choose to do it here on the forums, the "manage attachments" button is what you're looking for.

Paul.

18. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Videos?

Does it accept 32Mb videos? It was taking an age to load so I posted it to you instead.

That soldier definitely looks like BC :

http://www.helpforheroes.org/uk/phils_index.html

rgds
    andi

19. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Yep, I got it, and I enjoyed the video (particularly the comedy at the start). The reason you can't upload it to youtube is due to the 10 minute limit they have. I'm looking at another video streaming service at the moment to see if it'll work there; I don't support video streaming from stormcock.net but if nothing else works I'll upload it to my server and people can simply download the video file and watch it locally. I'll post more on your youtube thread when I have some news.

P.

20. wriggers

Colin L no offense taken

Hi Colin
    no offense taken at all M8
    just hope you remained focussed on the job in hand and didn't spalsh yer boots ( or anyone elses )