1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ Hotel Barcelona, Exeter

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by dim, Feb 19, 2008.

1. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

So is anyone from here actually coming to devon for this one... :(

Publicity machine is rolling, although not sure how we doing, need to phone solo but worryingly theyve not phoned me for more tickets...hmmmm :D shall start panicking and wandering town forcing flyers on people next week if theres any tickets left...

posters are everywhere that allows posters... skiddle, exeter whats on, exeter city council sites all carrying it in there whats on.. Local paper got it in there whats on, with hopefully proper article next week (just waiting for confirmation from them...) we can do no more... :D

so if it doesnt sell out, you lot need to hire a minibus :D

2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Awww, you know it's not from lack of desire, so much as lack of cash :blushing:

3. dim

its ok... we forgive you...

Solo sold just over half there 50 tickets.. dunno about barcelona, and of the 25 i have some are sold, so we should sell out...

what my staff failed to tell me is that they had had enquiries about tickets in the shop BUT FORGOT TO TELL ME.... idiots.. :D (until either hotel or solo sell out i got the spares...) doh!

hope nick recovers from us advertising it as "intimate, personal and nick harper bares his soul as well as his body..." but sod it.. we got tickets to sell..

(nb. that is a joke before someone panics)

4. scotpaulabear

Get photographs and personally I'll forgive you everything :rofl:

(just remember, nudity=art!)

5. dim

6. dim

well the quest continues... have dragged my sorry flu ridden arse out of bed for the first time in a week, and done the poster podiums... although there was no point doing them before now, the cavern are evil and poster over everything every day,.. with a week to go ive done the sneaky and postered the lid of the podium and been given vague assurances i will be left alone till saturday (usually people keep there words.. :D)

[​IMG]

still a bit of a struggle here, we are all confused as to why, but still only about half the tickets sold.. its everywhere that can be postered, its webbed all over the whats on, hopefully the local paper whats-on on friday will trigger the slackers...

if anyone knows ANYONE in devon... phone em, email em, and tell em to get there arses in gear, its got to the point now where we are dropping flyers through DIP members doors in case they dont know.. lol.... HPR... im sure youve got farrows number.. do you wanna ring him and tell him to buy a couple of tickets... :D

someone come to exeter :/

7. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Last time I spoke to Rev he was looking at coming. But that may not be a sale!

8. dim

im assuming he is but we chucked one through his door anyway...
    and put a subtle hint on that solo still had tickets... he can afford twenty quid for him and the wife...

damned musicians and there guest lists...
    mr johnstone i beleive has now been informed - or is about to be (although strangely at mikeys birthday phil insisted he didnt know who nick was - think it was one of his drunken jokes)...

gawd.. if rev and phils family turn up the guest list will be bigger than the paid for crowd.. :D

im back off to bed to nurse my ruddy flu... been a long time since ive been that bad ive done the overnight weight losing/weird dreams thing... better be better by sunday or i will be sneezing and coughing all the way through...

9. scotpaulabear

Dim, nice to see you working above, beyond and beneath the call of duty as per usual :rofl: probably a good thing I'm not down this weekend otherwise we'd just be trading lurgys!!

10. dim

yup

i feel like crap :mad:

11. dim

getting there... bit of a rush this week...

up to about 70 sold out of 100 available, with walk in's expected on the night, and rich hotel guests expected to buy a few tickets as well, as they cant drink in the hotel bar otherwise.. ha ha... :D

didnt get the full article we expected in the local paper due to a certain popular bloody music festival going on this week in exeter... grrrrrrr... at least it made the whats on listings...

and my posters have now broken all records and lasted 5 days on the podiums... :eek:

12. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Top work dim, hope it's an ace gig. I'm sure it will be.

13. HarperPR

And tell the lovely Mr Hammer I said he should report back here with a gig review!

14. dim

gig review is covered.. .steve the bearded hippy from the dvd is doing one...
    shall ask rev... im guessing that is some private in joke between he and yourself...?

myself.. i succesfully drank two whole pints last night and promptly fell asleep when i got home at midnight, so nearly recovered from my illness bout.. might be my first sober harper gig though... thatll confuse mikey...

will let you know how it goes.. am taking the camera but the lighting im expecting to be fairly crap so not sure if photos will be succesful....

15. scotpaulabear

Yay - that'll be a review and a half! Is he taking requests? Can he do it in iambic pentameter or perhaps haiku? :rofl:

*sigh* *darn* *wish I were there* :blushing:

16. dim

no gig review.. no photos... :D

one thing to say regarding this one..... quote of the tour....

"shut the **** up... stop playing... call an ambulance..."

nice curry though... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

17. scotpaulabear

Geezus, Dim, we loan him to Devon for what, like, 5 seconds and you already broke him! :rofl: you can share the context later LOL...

get to bed, you, ya done good :thumbup:

18. HarperPR

I've heard a bit about this one now!:biggrin:

And I thought a hotel would be a refined kind of venue - ha!:rofl:

Who keeled over then?:D

19. dim

think it was just some bloke fell asleep, but rather than find out if anything was actually up with him, his partner just shouted the show to a halt, and insisted an ambulance was called which it duly was...
    about 3 seconds after it being called bloke got up and went outside for a fag... completely interfered with the set :D

on the positive side, hotel barcelona has no cider left cos we drank it all by 10.30 :D

20. HarperPR

That happened at Oxford last year - no ambo though!:biggrin: