1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ House Concert, Edinburgh - Feb 7 2013

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Nov 29, 2012.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Thursday February 7 2013
    House Concert, Edinburgh

IMPORTANT NOTE: To book places and find out details of the gig and venue location*, please email info@douglasinscotland.co.uk - there have been recent issues with the legality of house concerts in Edinburgh, that's why the URL has been removed!

*I can confirm it is central Edinburgh and you won't have to go on a magical mystery tour :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  2. savsav

savsav I've got a zappy little nappy

Would you happen to know how to get tickets for this? We are travelling up from Hull for this but unfortunately have not had a reply from the contact e-mail.

Cheers Sav

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Hi Sav! Which email did you use, was it info@douglasinscotland.co.uk (which I've now added above instead of the URL - long story!)? If it was that one, let me know and I'll try to contact Douglas directly for you...

4. scotpaulabear

Facebook event thingy here if you want to join :biggrin:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/496774053695133

And thankfully Douglas (the home owner) can be a bit less cagy - here's a great article about what's been going on, wasn't sure Nick's gig was actually going ahead!
    http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/m...er-ross-coming-to-a-lounge-near-you-1-2704732

And some words from Douglas and his partner Jane-Ann:
    http://www.soundhouse.org.uk/2013/01/house-concerts-update/

"A belated Happy New Year to you all. We thought it was time to give you an update on the situation regarding the future of the concerts at our house.

After the December media frenzy which culminated in a BBC World Service interview broadcast on Sunday 23 December things have settled down somewhat.

Following the advice of the council’s Planning Department we are submitting an application for a “Certificate of Lawfulness” which, if granted, would allow us to continue hosting some concerts at the house. Whilst that is being considered we can honour our commitment to those musicians who asked to play here in early 2013.

We hope to see as many of you as possible during the coming weeks and hope to create the new venue (Soundhouse) before long where you will find the same atmosphere and the same welcome as we have offered at the house.

All the best
    Douglas + Jane-Ann"

They're really good people and it's a special venue - hope some of you can come check it out on the 7th (or any other time, but preferably the 7th :biggrin: )...

5. scotpaulabear

Most relaxed version of Aeroplane everrrrrrrrr from Douglas's house :D

[youtube]r2NGM0FwK_c[/youtube]