1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick is Riven? New album for 2013...

Discussion in 'General' started by scotpaulabear, Feb 7, 2013.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

From today's (7/2/13) Harperspace mailout :biggrin:

Speaking of which, recording is all but done for the new album!
    it's called RIVEN and will be out as early as I can get it to you this year.

So what songs might show up on this? Let's rack our brains...

(and also Nick Harper in vinyl single SHOCK :blink: )

News just in that I'll be playing for free on Sunday 21st April in Marlborough.
    This is exciting because there may well be some vinyl involved.
    For those of you waiting for the Nick Harper shower curtain..
    I'm afraid you'll have to wait a little longer.
    We're talking music on vinyl here - old school listening pleasure with a big picture on the front.
    It'll be a single from the new album.
    We hope you are as excited about it as we are.

2. philmch

philmch I've got a zappy little nappy

That's almost got my pulse racing. This will surely be the first proper record by either Harpers since Burn The World back in the early 90s.:D

3. scotpaulabear

I know, right?? :biggrin:

Nick mentioned during the gig last night that Juicy Fruit Girl will probably be the single... but he may change his mind :D

4. scotpaulabear

From the Chronicle Live post I put up in the press section
    http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/ente...ick-harper-ahead-of-cluny-gig-72703-32772407/

However, I can reveal that it will be called Riven and as the name suggests it is split into two parts. As Nick tells me: “The title track splits the recording in two. On the one hand: colour, happiness, closer to home, friends, family. On the other the big, grey, wide world of iniquity and greed. I’ll be playing a few songs from both halves.”

:biggrin:

And yes the RSD vinyl 10" will be Juicy Fruit Girl AND it will have a video! EXCITED :D