1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick live and online! Stageit.com - 12pm BST, Sun 1st July 2012

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by scotpaulabear, Jun 27, 2012.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

SAY NO MORE :biggrin: best get your tickets quick (BARGAIN)... and the secret password is Avebury :D
    http://www.stageit.com/nick_harper/harper_s_place/11306

I've heard of more musicians doing this lately but I haven't checked out one of these gigs yet - anyone seen a StageIt gig?

2. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well I thought of emailing my mates about this ... but then read that it was supposed to be for our eyes only and so I thought I'd better not spread the word ?!?

3. scotpaulabear

I had thought it was for the mailing list? Yeah, wait, it definitely went to both emails I have on the mailing list, and I think he just means it's not a public show on StageIt - so I'd say go ahead and spread the word :biggrin:

4. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

I've...

I've always wanted to watch Nick in my underwear, being one of the options! Trying to think of an appropiate song! Um..that Bryan Adams one perchance?!

A :wink:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  5. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

That implies that you don't usually wear any undercrackers to watch Nick! :eek:

6. scotpaulabear

Best not to think too hard about that :D

7. aspwatterson

Only..

Only 12 tickets left by all accounts! Going to be quite a cosy affair! Oh Peggy Gordon you are my darling, come sit ye down upon my knee....fully clothed of course!

Is it saveable somehow this live stream?

A :wink:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  8. aspwatterson

only..

Only 3 tickets left and someone asking where Big Chris is in comments section?

A:coolgleamA:

ps ticket allocation must have increased, now showing 6?!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  9. Johnbarkeriom

Johnbarkeriom Computer stained fingers

Silly question possibly but 12pm..... Midday or midnight? ( I think I bought the last ticket btw!)

10. scotpaulabear

Midday - less than 90 minutes away :biggrin:

11. Johnbarkeriom

Johnbarkeriom Computer stained fingers

Damn... missed it

12. Colin L

Colin L Computer stained fingers

so how was it? Didn't get back from a walk until about 2

13. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

It was great Colin, video stream was somewhat jerky, but the sound was spot on! What a great concept for future live (virtual) gigs, there was a message board for fans, which inevetibly led to some requests, which Nick read too, this made the whole experience totally interactive. Hopefully this will take off and result in regular screenings, with a longer time frame and improved streaming, I'd definitely pay for another.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
  14. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Wish I could have attended but I was heading up the A1 taking my son hom to his mums. A great initiative though!

15. SimonF

SimonF I've got a zappy little nappy

Well, I had decided I needed another trial run for next weekend, so had already planned a route when Nick's Stageit email landed, despite the less than promising weather forecast.

I wondered if it would work via the gift of mobile internet, and it did, just about:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the other occupants of the field didn't seem interested in the ongoing entertainment
    [​IMG]

Have a guess what Nick was singing when I took this:
    [​IMG]
    Yep, "Blue Sky Thinking". Fat chance! The photo doesn't really do justice to the thick cover of threatening cloud, the mist, and the drizzle which rolled relentlessly off the hills.

Quite surreal to sit in a field and listen to Nick playing live at the other end of the country. The technology works, and although it did suffer a little from jerky video (which Nick said was him!), and the occasional pause, which I'm putting down to the limitations of 3G, it made a welcome break in a rather grotty day. More please, Nick. :biggrin:

Show over, and time to move on. Weather wise, it got worse. Much, much worse, before it got better.
    The rest of the photo's are here.

Copyright (c) It'sGrimOopNorth Productions

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  16. scotpaulabear

Excellent dedication to the cause, Simon! :hurray:

17. scotpaulabear

By the way, the quotes on Nick's bio page have changed... :D