1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick@Liverpool Lomax Sat Nov 24 2012

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by pete c, Aug 23, 2012.

1. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Just tweeted by Lomax promoter Funtime Frankie Hedges:

Ink this one in your Diary... In fact thick black marker pen it in...
    Nick Harper back at the Lomax on Sat November 24th.

Flamenco Franky strikes again.

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

It's definite then? He's been trying to sort a date out for months :)

3. pete c

Yup.

NICK HARPER // JAMES M CARSON // MARK SUNDERLAND

4. HarperPR

5. HarperPR

6. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Linn - I realise Pete started the thread off ... but where's your usual useful post with the venue details/day/time/address/support details etc

7. HarperPR

:D Wasn't sure if Pete was going to do - didn't want to cramp his post! But for you and anyone else » next post below.

8. HarperPR

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  9. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Lovely ... am seriously thinking about this one, as it's a Saturday and only a couple of days before my mid 40's birthday !!

10. pete c

One of the supports has been changed,now from some friends of mine, Andy & Liz who call themselves Just By Chance.

Jealous? moi? :)

11. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

Played the Lomax a few times, both before and after it changed to other things.

Played there last Wednesday for Halloween and it's always a great place, both to watch and to play as it's big but not huge and the beer is cheap :)

Franky and Carl the owners in chief are good friends and you will all be looked after and i'll see you there!

Plenty of parking close by too is a bonus & Moorfields station is round the corner.

Just by Chance who are supporting Nick supported us last friday night and are cracking. Enjoy.

Thats me on the right :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  12. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Went to this one last night. Was good to see pete and paul too.

Nick was suffering big time with a cold and his voice was a little croaky, bless him. He gave it everything he had though. At the end of karmageddon after breaking 3 strings and changing two, he collapsed on the stage and lay there until some kind soul actually got on dtage to check he was still breathing. Then he got up and played some more. Tbc after i have my lunch!

13. critch

I was a bit disappointed in the venue though. Not been there before and it was very busy. Rude people barging past and talking all the way through. My view of the stage was shockingly bad, they have two metal pillars, one each side and then the pa stage right blocks further. They really could have moved that so an entire corner of people could have seen better. I think the place let nick and all the acts down. Nick 5 stars, venue 1 star.

I think all the supports were fab too. Really enjoyed them all. And I'll give credit to the staff I met too. The door staff were friendly and helpful, a barmaid from upstairs was a great laugh and very charismatic. Don't want to knock it too much. Just sort out the visibility.

14. Sadfish

Whilst I understand your concerns of the venue it is run on a shoe string budget with the guys all having second jobs to keep it afloat, thats the first time since it re=opened as a music venue its been so full that people where at the very sides of the stage. I'll relay the issues back to Carl and Frank.

As for people being rude barging past, it is a tricky little area where you where stood, I was over the other side and it was a great spot, people talking at gigs is always a problem, having played the venue a few times myself that comes with the territory. I can't really recall any Nick gigs where it didn't happen elsewhere.

I'm not sure if you went to Nicks last Liverpool gig at the (now closed) masque venue but it's worse in my opinion.

15. critch

Were we allowed upstairs? There were people up there but I went up and couldn't get through the door. Didn't push very hard, assumed it was locked, but could have been just stiff. That would have helped. You're right though that I was in a bad place. It was very busy, and i don't do well in crowds so wanted to be near the door. The venue can't do anything about rude people really. It is just the visibility. If they hung the top speaker from the roof or the column, that might be enough to make it a lot better.

16. Sadfish

yep upstairs was open, but the view is not much better.

if he plays there again come the other side of the stage , the is an exit door there too although they say staff only I'm ok to use it etc,

17. critch

I'll have to try that side next time then. Thanks for the tip.

I used to quite like the masque in someways. I'm not sure what my favourite venue I've seen nick at though. I do like the citadel, and i quite liked the brickyard in Carlisle.

18. HarperPR

19. pete c

I really enjoyed it, though I really felt for Nick, he wasn't well at all. When he lay down on stage I genuinely thought he had passed out.

Just before Nick came on I went downstairs to the loo & when I came back I couldn't get to my previous position at the back so ended up wedged next to a pillar near the front, which meant a great view & great sound but got very uncomfortable after a bit. There were chairs dotted around the place, which in a packed dark venue kept getting pushed against my legs and at one point when trying to get to a more comfortable spot at the right of the stage, I pretty much fell over a chair and got a filthy look from the woman who was sat on it. Not my fault though, I couldn't see a thing. Remove the chairs next time Frank!

Apart form that, and perhaps too many support acts which meant Nick was still playing when I had to leave at 12 cos my parking ticket expired, GREAT GIG!

Well done Nick for battling through the lurgy and giving a great performance.

20. pete c

Oh and yeah, too much talking. But that's been the case at every Liverpool gig I've been to, both Roy and Nick.