1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick@Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival - June 14

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Apr 21, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

2. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Middlewich Boat Festival..

£10 is great value (£8 for students etc.), I think I'll be heading down there..it's only 40 minutes away from me, thanks for the info Linn! :cheers2:

Regards Shaun..

3. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

It will indeed please me and I can usually drag about half a dozen along to Middlewich and it is always good value Shaun

4. HarperPR

Where exactly is Middlewich? Does it have a station? Wasn't it the place that had the cuckoo, as in the book by John Wyndham (I think). Or was that Midwich...?

5. Roydan

Roydan Computer stained fingers

I think the nearest train station is Sandbach, I don't recall a train station in Middlewich itself. It sits between Northwich and Sandbach and has a lovely stretch of The Bridgewater canal running along side it. Junction 16 of the M6. Top little festival also featuring June Tabor, Chris & Kellie While amongst others. Can't wait cos my Mum just lives down the road, so I have a comfy bed after the general drunkeness associated with my good self at a Nick gig.

6. just jane

wouldnt Winsford station be the nearest? Like most of this bit of Cheshire it knows very little public transport

7. HarperPR

As we're rapidly approaching the Folk n Boat, anyone able/willing to help get Nick's appearance here publicised, please get in touch. Ideas appreciated too - the more the merrier (I'll be:biggrin:)!

8. just jane

I will give it some thought

9. HarperPR

- and then some would be good!:)

Have those who are near the area seen/heard much about it as yet?

10. HarperPR

If anyone has access to forums /MySpace /Facebook / other usual suspects - ! - please spread the word about the festival and Nick's playing there if you can.

Cheers.

11. HarperPR

And again!

Network...Network!

12. HarperPR

And all you boaters, make sure you catch support Neil Brophy.

13. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Grr. Won't be coming to this - I'm at the Enterprise Inland National Championships in Bassenthwaite. Wish me luck everybody...!

14. SHAUN I

It was a good night last night, met up with Roydan which was good, I wasn't driving last night so ventured quite deep into the Stella zone :cheers2: and then the JD zone, Nick was on top form as usual, and it was a great atmosphere with the streets full of boating enthusiasts!

15. Roydan

Good to meet up Shaun, it was a good laugh moving that table closer to the front. Bit of a blessing getting the front row, my mate Milesy has blocked ears or something. I thought the bass from Nick's guitar would help blast it out.

Just a shame about the gabbing going on. The guy heckling in front of me attempting to impress his son deserved a slap. Not that I'd promote violence at a Harper gig of course.

16. SHAUN I

There's always one at every gig eh! (or 2 or 3) I don't condone violence either, but a quiet word round the back often does the trick..:biggrin: :11:
    Maybe see you at Arley Hall Roydan, me and Bob will be there! :sifone:

17. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

And little ol' me too! :thumbup1:

18. Roydan

Arley Hall and Gardens in Northwich, sounds like a plan.

19. just jane

I too will be at Arley Hall - we need to make some lists of whos going where