1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ Nottm Maze

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Feb 13, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Who from here is going there, to olde Sherwood?

2. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

and those that are... sorry. .ive only just noticed i had Im's

if b&w venue flyer is needed desperately and can be used before the weekend let me know and will do it tonight...

3. Uriel

Uriel I've got a zappy little nappy

I'd like to email a flier or few to some friends / colleagues in Nottingham, if you're feeling resourceful dim!

4. HarperPR

Just to remind all going, this is an EARLY show. Doors 6.30 and you'll all be chucked out by 10.30 latest!

5. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

a4 pdf flyer here http://www.mediafire.com/?2kbnttiaiv2

small email/myspace image here http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=bm2bw15byjo&thumb=4

[​IMG]

sorry bout that... im was sent by critch in plenty of time but i didnt notice i had one... :( if its tour time and important (which publicising nick always is use my laptop email addy> 2185 at gmx dot com) i have the laptop more of the time.. pc with two monitors is too heavy to carry around..

bit frustrating for what was a 2 minute job.. damned im's :D just noticed i got another one... (oh the weird way of typing email addy is to stop spambots)

6. HarperPR

Another town, another show - and another gig review!

We have this one pretty much covered, so if anyone is going and planning on doing anything, please let me know first before you submit so we don't have two at same. Thanks.

7. HarperPR

Fifteen songs including a flying dog - and Big Chris now as legendary in Nottingham as Robin Hood!

I'll leave the rest to my roving reporter!

8. Uriel

Well, you'll get a bit from me now and a some more later. Only got time for a couple of quick anecdotes and a setlist.

In short - result. That's in the Maze, as opposed to on the football pitch as far as Nick was concerned. Before the evening was out, he'd just about renounced Liverpool and was claiming Swindon as his team. I think I even heard a pause before "Stephen Gerrard" in Aeroplane.

Once again we had a high standard. Almost, but not quite, as good as with the fantastic Leeds and Sheffield gigs. He was straight on the throaties from the off this time but, apart from not quite getting a high note or two on the rediculously high bit of Real Life, I didn't notice any adverse effects. First time I've taken notes for the setlist so here goes:

No Truth Up In the Mountains
    3 Magpies

At this point we had the Big Chris incident. Nick was just starting an anecdote about his trip to Nepal when he stopped mid sentence and said "Barnsley". I didn't quite catch the next comment but it went something along the lines of Big Chris drinking all the beer in Barnsley. Nick scanned the room, and realising that Big Chris wasn't there (were you?) gave a quick explanation, Eventually he brought it back on topic and we got to:

Aeroplane
    By My Rocket Comes Fire
    Treasure Island

Nick then stepped back away from the microphone. He whizzed through a few bars of a familiar tune. "That was the practice" he said. It turned out he'd had a request for:

Flying Dog
    Guitar Man - Whole Lotta Love
    Real Life
    Simple
    Field of the Cloth of Gold
    Imaginary Friend
    Galaxy Song (Is this the right order Ms PR? - I didn't write this one down but it was definitely in there)
    Love is Music / Out of Time / Headless / Grace / 4 Sticks

And for the encore

Blue Sky Thinking
    Evo

Anyway - like I said result. After a freind pulled out, Karen offered to come. She's only seen one and a bit Nick festival sets before. After we left the venue she admitted "I enjoyed that". And she didn't just mean Galaxy Song either. She'd even made her own list of six songs she particularly enjoyed.

Review and possibly photos to appear at some point in the not-too-distant future.

9. HarperPR

All in perfect order! A*

And looks like we'll have a blinding interview and live review up next week from Allgigs! A well impressed journo there.

Now let's on to Brighton and let's rock the house there!

10. Uriel