1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick on Facebook

Discussion in 'General' started by HarperPR, Aug 20, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

2. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

Being a total newcomer to Facebook, it seems to me that Nick's presence only allows people like us to register as fans rather than friends, so we can't access the deeper recesses of his presence, which suggests Official Filtering, but I don't really know.
    The same is true, for instance, for the wonderful Karine Polwart and Kate Rusby.
    On the other hand, the equally fine Julie Fowlis doesn't seem to have a "Fan" section, but will accept friends, which is rather charming, I feel.

It's all a mystery and no mistake, and probably not meant for oldies like me, but it is quite fun.

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

"Fan of..." isn't official, it's more ad-hoc.

I asked Nick at one point of he was interested in an official presence on Faceache, and he said he was happy to stick with the Myspace site.

Quality control has failed to sift us fans out, right Steve? :D

4. HarperPR

But it does come up as the official Facebook page of... when you Google it, that's why I wondered.

5. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Fair enough, but it's not 'official' as far as I am aware and it doesn't say it openly on the page - maybe it's hidden in the code. Shaun, just wondering, did you set that fan page up, or am I confusing that with the Nick group that's not the 'master of the universe' one?

6. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

No I didn't set this one up, Critch set one up I think on Facebook - the Master of the Universe one, the administrator on the "official" one is a guy called Julian Woodward.

Regards Shaun.

7. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

yep, I set up the master of the universe one which probably needs some maintenance by now!

8. HarperPR

And a change of picture!:p

btw, what happened to the rest of yours from that *session*? I know you sent me on the old forum as a PM but then I lost.

9. HarperPR

Julian has now been in touch and we've had some discussion about the Facebook site.

Further post with more detail at a later point.