1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ Plug N PLay, Reading - Feb 26 2010

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Dec 6, 2009.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Friday February 26 2010

Plug N Play
    Unit 35 Milford Road
    Reading
    RG1 8LG

0118 958 1447

8pm

£10

Support: Mark Knight + Nadeen White

www.plugnplay.tv/

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. HarperPR

A little bump up for anyone who may have forgotten that this is just six days off! Get there early those who are coming to catch Mark Knight opening up the evening.

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

4. HarperPR

5. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Just noticed a news item on Nick's website ( from 16/01 ) where it clearly states that the new CD will be available for his Spring tour. Is that this tour ( even though it doesn't feel like Spring ) ... and if so, should we really be expecting the new CD to be available ?!?!

I posted the question on this thread ... cos I'll be at the Reading gig ( with a mate who has never heard ANYTHING by him ) ... so just wondered if I should raid my piggy bank !?

6. HarperPR

The Last Guitar

7. HarperPR

Not sure about Aisle 22 still being there, but.....

Attached Files:

8. bigchris

Go on Linn ... I'm sure you can be more cryptic than that if you try harder !!

9. HarperPR

:wink: What's that, then? :wink::D (I wasn't being, actually! As far as I am aware a guitar will be there in Reading...and elsewhere....)

10. scotpaulabear

*entire post sent through "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" filter and deleted* :closedeyes:

Anyone going to this gig, I hope you have a fantastic time, roll on the tour!

11. bigchris

I only saw your first post, saying "The Last Guitar" which didn't mean much to me ... by the time I wrote my reply, you had posted your second reply with the poster ... but I hadn't seen that before I hit send !!

12. bigchris

Well I did my bit last night to promote this gig ... I went to see John Gomm last night in Bracknell and he asked the crowd ( all 20 of us ) for any requests ... I asked him to play any Nick songs he knows ... he first replied saying "I don't play them any more, as I heard he was going to sue me " ... only in jest !!

He then said he doesn't play them anymore, because he has forgotten them ... which is more believable as we know Nick sometimes forgets them !!

But he then went on to tell the crowd who Nick was and how good he was ... and suggested that they should go and see him if they ever get the chance ... so I chirped up and told everyone about the gig on Friday !!

13. HarperPR

About to take off tonight, folks, so get down to Reading!

14. bigchris

Not doing a big review, as my last one from Salisbury didn't get much of a reaction ... The Play ( formely Plug n Play ) venue in Reading has now turned into a "real" venue ... the funcky chairs have gone ... and a real bar selling real ale has arrived ... not a bad little venue !!

Support from Russel who run's the place ... good little ditties about silly topics ... followed by Nadeen White ( I've previous praised her to bits - http://www.stormcock.net/vb/showthread.php?p=12388#post12388 ).

Nicks set was pretty short ( 14 songs - just over one half and a half ) and the sound was a buit ropey at times ... sounded very crackly at high volumes. But those factors aisde it was a great gig, great bitter ... great support, lots of banter ( but no talking through his set ), my mate Derek loved it and we even had about 5 - 10 minutes of nearly everyone ( obviously including Nick ) slagging off Phil Collins - which can only be a good thing !!

The set was exactly as follows ( though the 14th song was a bit of a guess, as I didn't write it down last night ! )

1. 100 Things
    2. Wanderer & his Shadow
    3. Shadowlands
    4. [ new song ] - maybe called "Hey Bob"
    5. [ new song ] - maybe called "Story of my heart"
    6. Evo
    7. Song of Madness !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    8. Bloodsongs
    9. Boy meets planet
    10. Lovejunky
    11. Galaxy Song
    12. Temple
    13. 38
    14. by my rocket comes fire

p.s. his new CD "will" be available on the tour from the Glasgow gig !!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  15. scotpaulabear

Boy Meets Planet? Really?? :blink: How cool, dunno if I've ever heard that live!

Whoa, I hope some of that setlist sticks until Union Chapel :wink: Excited about the new ones, and 100 Things / Shadowlands has always been one of my fave Nick song combos ever.

And I always love the reviews you write Chris, apologies if I don't always post that... *hugs*

16. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

He played a blinding version live at The Moho in Manchester the other night too,