1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick rocks Putney - May 2

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

But I thought tickets were selling well for this? Or is it just the 'views' that are building up? (I'm a little confused here incase you can't tell :wink:) It's like the most "talked about" "untalked about" gig :confused1:

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Try Sunday May 3.

:biggrin:

3. scrivello

scrivello I've got a zappy little nappy

Spare tickets!!

Hello all,

With great regret, I now have two spare tickets going for the May 2nd Putney gig - Will sell at face value...

... who wants 'em??

4. wessexy witch

wessexy witch I've got a zappy little nappy

I'll be there that night.
    :biggrin:

5. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Yay, me toooo :biggrin:
    (and Sunday as well, why do when you can over-do :D )

6. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Nick (Partly) Listed in Time Out

IMHO any gig that happens in London, should at least be in the listings section of the Time Out magazine ... especially to catch the people who just fancy a gig at the last minute !!

Nick is mentioned in the Saturday listing :

Nick Harper + Ruth Theodore
    Half Moon Putney, SW15 8pm : £10
    A chip off the old block (his dad is Roy, the folk-joker personified), Harper previews songs from his forthcoming album with singer-songwriter support from Theodore.

Just a pity that a similar listing doesn't exist for the Sunday gig ... especially as that one has had less time to sell tickets !! Also the Sunday gig isn't even listed on Time Out's website ( http://www.timeout.com/london/browse/music/tickets/n/page/3.html )

7. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

I think they use that same quote everytime!! :blink:

8. HarperPR

Listings for both dates went out to Time Out. I know cos I did them - as Kirk at the Half Moon no doubt did.

9. HarperPR

Nearly sold out!

There are a few - and I mean literally A FEW - tickets left for this show, but it looks like it will sell out BEFORE doors on Saturday.

Advice is to buy now while tickets still going or check with venue on day for availability if you cannot do so.

Tickets still available for Sunday show, but again, selling fast.

10. scrivello

...and I've still got 2 tickets going spare for less than face value...

S

11. HarperPR

You're leaving it a bit late to do anything with them!

A couple of suggestions. Firstly, if maybe you could post an email address on here so that casual browsers can contact you if interested. Someone may not want the trouble of registering just for this.

Depending on where you got the tickets from, the Half Moon direct or via Ticketweb, have you tried them to see about getting a refund? You may have more luck with the former than the latter. Have you tried phoning the venue?

12. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

"...As part of the Terms of Use of this site we regret that we cannot cancel, exchange, refund or transfer tickets unless the event in question has been either cancelled or rescheduled..."

Of course, it would have been nice though :rolleyes:

13. Jim

Jim Computer stained fingers

LAST SHOUT FOR SATURDAY NICK 2nd MAY

No one going tomorrow (?) Saturday ???

Asked on the mailing list & no one replied -
    presumed lots of people would be going on Saturday to Putney -
    if you want to meet up before the gig I am:

would be nice to meet you

much love
    James x

14. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Very tempting but..

..definitely maybe; but tickets not guaranteed and would have to travel down and back from / to Borehamwood , St Albans and maybe leave it to Sunday from Basingstoke... Nick performed brilliantly in Aldershotty tonight. Will ring dependent upon where I am on a particular moment. No promises but Nick is worth every ounce.

cheers
    andi

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
  15. HarperPR

Jim, I would suggest that you head for the Moon from 7ish. There WILL be others from here guaranteed! You may have to carry a rolled up copy of the Times/Sun/Nuts - ! - whatever your preference for ID purposes!

16. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

We'll be there ... but "hopefully" not before 8:00 ... as we'll be in the http://www.bricklayers-arms.co.uk down the road, as they sell the full range of Timmy Taylor's !! To be honest ... I'm looking forward to that more than seeing Nick !!

17. scrivello

Not refundable, I'm afraid...

BUT they are etickets, so can be emailed instantly... my email is scrivello@hotmail.co.uk

email me if interested!

S

18. landells

landells I've got a zappy little nappy

here's a few pics from this gig

they aint gonna get me & Nick on the front cover of Harpers & Queen or Tatler but would we really want such a dubious honour?

19. HarperPR

Nice! They could get you and Nick on a review site though. Would there be any chance of using one or two? One or two people have reviews but no decent pix, so it'd be fantastic if one of these could accompany.

20. landells

landells I've got a zappy little nappy

yeah, if you want to use the pics you are more than welcome to do so