1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick :: Setlists

Discussion in 'General' started by HarperPR, Apr 17, 2010.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I have made a start on logging the setlists at Setlists.FM. Going to be a marathon task, so if anyone wants to add their own, do! I still have loads to do and haven't put in the stringbreaks yet. :D

It is a good log for statistics, your own by seeing what songs he did at what gig and how many times you have heard a certain song etc. and as a record for Nick himself. You may want to see if you have been to a gig where he HASN'T sung Aeroplane at the moment! :biggrin:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/nick-...-6bd6aece.html

2. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I listed the six songs he played at The Abbey in Chicago last November on our Stormcock forums. If you'd like, I can look them up again and enter for you!

Afterwards, I wished NICK had played AEROPLANE. It's kind of a silly AND sentimental song for me.

No stringbreaks that I know of...

3. NoCelebrity

One down.... of the 38+ to go

Linn,

I went ahead and entered the six songs. My set list put "By My Rocket..." into a tie with "Aeroplane." I called the tour Nick Harper/Cy Curnin USA. Couldn't figure out the right way to add that Nick then backed up Cy's set (I don't know Cy's setlist either). It even added "The" before my entry "Kilty Stone."

4. HarperPR

By My Rocket now back in lead!

The songs are case sensitive, so one slip and you end up with another song entirely, ie as I did with By My Rocket Comes Ire and Eel Life (presumably a new song about deep sea fishing?!)

Does anyone know of a cover that Nick has done that features 'California' in it? Trying to remember the weird set at Hotel Deux, Nottingham, and blowed if I know what this was...?

5. NoCelebrity

Solid Fuel Booster?

Rockets faster than Aeroplanes? Only the Stormcock is a faster bird!:wink:

6. HarperPR

They seem to be in Harperspace! Now steaming ahead, with Blue Sky Thinking and The Galaxy Song coming up on the outside.

7. HarperPR

Cheers, lemurjim, you star! And By My Rocket scores again, haha!

8. NoCelebrity

Somewhere out in Space

I noted they had some association with Monty Python for "The Galaxy Song." Where does that come from? I'll have to check my CD. I thought that was Nick's. Does it really belong to Eric Idle's Pal and/or The Ruttles?:confused1:

9. HarperPR

No, not Nick's, but Monty Python/Eric Idle!

We seem to have some duplicates and events up which never took place, so if anyone is listing check not already there. I have imported a load from Last FM, so there are a good many already up on Setlist.FM.

10. Watcher

Watcher Computer stained fingers

Hartlepool 4th April

I've added Hartlepool 4th April, but it was from memory (and checking CDs after concert) so it isn't in the right order apart from the first three tracks. I think I remembered them all, except a quiet song that Nick abandoned early due to excessive audience noise - I can't remember which song it was. I tried to add a note about all of this on the item but it didn't take - can anyone tell me how to do it, and is it possible to amend it after I've already added the setlist. I've just tried to get back on to the site but I can't access it for some reason so I don't know whether I'll be able to alter it anyway.

11. HarperPR

A quiet song? Can you remember any lines or even words from it? Have a look at the other gigs from the tour as it may be there.

You can edit lists. Just go back to that date and click on Edit. I tried doing notes, but like you found setlist said no!

12. NoCelebrity

Keeping It Simple?

That was the impression I got too, from whatever directions/examples I clicked on and read (or tried to understand!). I wanted to add a humorous note where Nick asked for requests and replied "you're all wrong!" We were!:biggrin:

13. Watcher

Watcher Computer stained fingers

I can't remember anything about the quiet song Nick cut short, even after looking at other setlists. I've just remembered that Nick also did Building our own Temple, I can't believe I forgot it because it's possibly my favourite Nick track and I remember my wife left the room just before he started it and I was desperate for her to get back while he was still playing it. I'm wondering if I mixed it up in my mind with By My Rocket Comes Fire as I'm now unsure whether he actually did that, and the setlist is looking rather long with the inclusion of Temple. Was anyone else there who can confirm?

I can't seem to log in any more so can't change it anyway until I sort it out.

14. HarperPR

I have added that on, but left By My Rocket.

Could the quiet one have been Imaginary Friend?

Anyone who remembers any songs from any gig - even if you don't have the full monty - please add them to the list. Or give the name and date of gig here in this thread and I will do. Some lists are incomplete, so again if you spot anything missing...please add! :) Please check to see if the gig is already listed before adding it again.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/nick-...-6bd6aece.html

15. HarperPR

Or...Two Way Thing?