1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ Telfords Monday 11th Feb.

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by Sadfish, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

Publicised this a bit in work.

Hope it helps.

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Hope you put up a poster!!! I can't do the icons on the mob, but that would be followed by the man rolling over in laughter!! I don't know why posters and flyers keep setting me off, but they do.

3. Sadfish

not got one, will try and sort it early next week.

4. Sadfish

Poster up.

[​IMG]

5. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Do they really say "phenomenons" in Glasgow?

6. LAdrain

LAdrain I've got a zappy little nappy

Don't go by car as Telfords car park is just one big building site at the moment.

7. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

See you, pal, watch it or I'll gie ya th'malkie :rofl:

8. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

i can hear ya saying paula, it aint pretty, but i can hear it!!

9. HarperPR

Come on, Critch, it's after nine and still nothing from you! (I have had one report from last night - haha!)

10. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Brief celeb spotting report from photog extraordinaire Mitzi Bagpuss: she saw Mike Peters and Fluff :biggrin:

11. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Did Critch go to this one as well? That's 3 nights in a row. I was exhausted after 2 gigs, had to have an early night last night.

[​IMG]

mind you, he's a lot younger than me...

12. LAdrain

Set List

No Truth Up In The Mountains
    Three Magpies
    By My Rocket
    Airoplane (loss of power to amp)
    Thirty Eight? (new song)
    Real Life
    Guitar Man/ Whole Lotta Love
    Simple (string break)
    Treasure Island
    Imaginary Friend
    The Galaxy Song
    Love Is Music
    Blue Sky Thinking

Gig started at 8:45 and ended at 10:45
    About 30 mins into the concert, Nick played a new song "Thirty Eight" (did not give it a title as he was still working on it) The reason for playing it was because 3 of the 38 where in the building.
    He should have played "Knuckledraggers" and dedicated it to the young blond who was constantly talking to her friend (sitting down at the front to the right of Nick).

13. HarperPR

Yes, he did! But I am getting a bit worried now. We sat up talking until after 3am on Monday morning and he was a bit the worse for wear, and with having to get into uni later that morning and then later to Chester...I did tell him not to drink though!:p

14. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Critch was so tired he overslept and woke up when mspr txt him 10 mins ago!

Great gig. Took me mate ste. He loved it. New song sounded great. Just clicked what the 38 are!

Mike peters now thinks i'm a fool after i nearly walked straight into him and didn't click straight away. Fortunately nick made it obvious he new me so i think i got away with it!

Got some photos from here and st h to put up. Not as many as manch but hopefully a few nice ones.

Tried to talk nick into doing another single... I think he listened and liked the reasoning... We'll see.

15. HarperPR

Ha, ha! Poor Nick, he's getting to know that if I'm not there to nag him, chances are I will have sent in the cavalry!:biggrin:

16. critch

Poor Nick nothing! He has to know what's good for him! :biggrin: Anyway, we discussed you MsPR and we (I) decided that you were "High Mainenance"!

Great to meet Mitzi last night! Even though we were being rival fotografers - nice work trying to sabotage my pictures... I shall post a few.

That new song is quite stunning actually. Quite dramatic and almost ballad like. That's why I brought up the single... I think it'd be a good one to do. Nick seemed to think it was almost a western style - and while I could see where he was coming from, I think ballad is a better way to describe it.

Nick was on fine form again. He tries so hard to please everyone. The poor lass (don't really feel that sorry for her - she was only there I think cause her rocksoc boyfriend was there and she would've been happier going to see the sugababes - urgh *spit* :) ) was completely drunk and obviously couldn't comprehend what was going on. Nick even seranaded her in the middle of Love is Music, jumping off stage (6 inches high! lol) and playing right in front of her. She took out her phone and started txting. Can't win them all I suppose!

I liked this place a lot more than last time - I was stuck at the back and couldn't see a thing but this time I was near the front and it worked out well.

I took my mate Ste - who is gonna come on here - he promises me. He loved it. We've got a photo of him and Nick together at the end which pleased him. Hopefully we'll get that posted up at somepoint.

17. LAdrain

I did not see anyone looking like Critch, must have gone in disguise.

The bit I did not understand was the intro to Treasure Island? Nick said that the atmosphere at "Williamson Tunnels" was good but the music was poor.
    Reading the posts people have put up said it was a good gig???

The location at Telford's does have a very low ceiling, so it is quit difficult to see Nick on stage, also effected "Guitar Man" as his hand came very close to the beams.
    What would have been good is if everyone was to sit on the floor to watch the show, but sadly this did not happen.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  18. HarperPR

Anyone who was there written anything up about the events of the night, mmm?;)

19. critch

I always go in disguise! It was a good night on saturday. I think nick was just taking the piss out of himself.

Not written anything yet! Will do. When fozz lets me near a computer!

20. HarperPR

If the picture of Nick and Steve is the one up on MySpace, gawd, he don't half look like Mike Peters - ha!!!