1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ The Continental, Preston - Apr 6 2010

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Feb 18, 2010.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Tuesday April 6 2010

The Continental
    South Meadow Lane
    Preston
    PR1 8JP

01772 499425

8pm

£8 adv

Support: Ivan Campo
    + The Birdman Rallies

www.newcontinental.net/

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I spoke to my mate Chris last night ( who just happened to be in the New Continental at the time ) who suggested this venue and to ask him to get another ticket for a Paul S.

Apparently the tickets are selling very well and the bloke behind the bar expects it to sell out ... about 150 tickets or so ... he reckons half the folk will be there for Nick and half for Ivan Campo ... sounds like a lot more than the neighbouring Manchester (!)! but who cares ... everyone will benefit from the attendance !!

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Thank feck the rail strike is off! :hurray: See you lot there :biggrin: Looking forward to a fantastic Megabus ride to London after at 2am :ack2: but it's still worth it...

4. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Spare Ticket

I have a spare ticket for this venue if anybody wants it! My mate can't make it, just turn up, buy me a beer and it's yours. Please let me know..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2010
  5. scotpaulabear

Shame I already bought mine! Your rates are better :wink: See you there...

6. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Have a good time youse. I won't be there, got my own gig to do in Southport!!!

[​IMG]

7. scotpaulabear

Pete, you missed a VERY good'un, though after 2 support acts and Nick not going on til nearly 11pm, the crowd got a bit thin on the ground by the second encore haha. Guess I didn't have to piddle away as much time before my 2am bus to London as I thought :wink:

Love the venue, love the beers, love the company, love the sound in the room, obviously love the music! Good banter, everyone really into it. Lots of enthusiastic CD buyers too, which I love! And this was the first time I heard Passing Chord and Freestyle live so if I had more than 2 thumbs up to give, I would... *happy sigh* :svengo:

Big ups to Big Chris, t'uther Chris, Paul (who kept my caffeine topped up), Shaun (thanks for the beers!), Neil (snapping pics at the front), and of course Nick, a sweetheart as always...

Fashion report: black shirt, snazzy shoes, and SEXAY VELVET TROUSERS. The wine diet is suiting him - my heart barely recovered...

(alright, I'm a girl, so sue me LOL)

Setlist:

A Hundred Things
    Shadowlands
    Evo
    Field of the Cloth of Gold
    Blood Song
    Song of Madness
    Boy Meets Planet
    Hey Bomb
    Passing Chord
    Love Junky (with the boy Harpic up on a bench scaring the locals sitting there :wink: )
    Aeroplane
    Story of My Heart
    Bloom
    Galaxy Song
    (a long debate ensued about what he should play next for the "last song"!)
    The Verse Time Forgot

(at this point we had the panto stage leaving :wink: )

One of the 38
    Freestyle
    By My Rocket Comes Fire

(at this point he REALLY left but the audience wouldn't let him!)

Like Punk Never Happened

(while walking through playing for the crowd... after which he ran out the back door haha)

8. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

With 7 calories per gram (and apparently fat has 9) the best alcohol diet is an 'alcohol free' one :wink:. So, who's gonna break the news? :biggrin:

9. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

It was a great gig, it was a very relaxed evening and everyone was appropriately pissed by the time Nick came on around 11pm, great to see Paula, Chris and Paul S. again, and meet some new people, great set list...but no string changes :biggrin: First Nick gig I've been to, that I've been able to get in a taxi at the end of the night and go home. :cheers2:

10. scotpaulabear

Come on man, let's not break him... :wink:

11. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Wind?

Wind up that broken string to truly unwind!

Glad I'm not the only one to give him serious banter.

They say the more North you go the banter gets better or worse? Or is the beer stronger?

andi [sunglasses on]