1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ The Fleece, Bristol

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Feb 28, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Well, another gig tonight - anyone going? I am hoping that KayJay from the old forum may put in an appearance here and make her debut with a, erm...gig review!

('stop me / oh stop me/ stop me if you think that you've heard this one before...')

2. KayJay

KayJay I've got a zappy little nappy

Nick @ Fleece

OK, OK, I'm here! Ya can stop nagging now! :biggrin:
    Fleece last night. Great! Is that enough?

No? OK. No support, Nick came on at about 9.30, did 2 hours, swigging alternately from a Guinness, honey and lemon (kettle set up on stage!), and a bottle of Venos. Not well at all, the poor love. But he was STILL awesome!! :thumbup:
    Real Life soared, Verse Time Forgot brought a lump to my throat, Imaginary Friend was just beautiful and poignant, there was much telling of stories between songs; the Everest trip has obviously affected him hugely. No new song though, and no Titties and Beer (see, ya should have come, Linn! :D).
    It wasn't the fullest I've seen the Fleece, but those who'd dragged themselves along were appreciative, and sympathetic to the poor chap's state of health. It must be really hard to drag yourself out to do what Nick does when you're feeling ill and don't really feel like it, and he put on a great show, amiable as always. I look forward to the next time! :biggrin:

Kay

3. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Hi KayJay - you've arrived! Now stay here!!!

Two hours was pretty good going for someone feeling under the weather, the poor love. But shows he's a professional. I hope the journo we had in will take that into account.

4. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

wow! hats off to harper again! if he has anything like what i have, he has just become my all time hero, coz i feel like old mans pants!

5. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

No shiz! The poor bastard, I couldn't even get off the sofa for about 4 days, never mind entertain anyone :w00t:

And YAY to KAY! :biggrin: so glad you had a good time, did Rachel make it along with ya now that she's back from her travels?

6. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

ah see my family found it vastly entertaining, my grande finale being making my own ears bleed.

7. KayJay

KayJay I've got a zappy little nappy

Nick did develop a nosebleed at one point, and near the end he said he thought his nose was about to explode. :p

Hope he's feeling better now!

:seeya:
    Kay

8. pH

pH I've got a zappy little nappy

I'm ignoring this too. It's Friday night and I am entitled to be happy in Sydney with a nice pint of Murray's Double IPA.

Come over here, Nick.